Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, new to lasers

Welcome to the LPF. Safety first always. If I were you I'd purchase a 532nm DPSS laser pointer on eBay first. The 301 or 303 can be had for as little as $6. They typically run around 80 mW, but you can never be sure unless you have a calibrated laser power meter. I have many of these in my collection and they are a great green laser pointer to own.

AvidLaserCollector

Hi WDB,
When I started off wanting a laser I too wanted a high power laser. I HIGHLY suggest you start off with a low powered laser. Something like 50-500 mw. The 500 mw isn’t necessarily a low powered laser but it will burn things with ease. The reason I say this is because you can be less cautious when handling. Now when I say that it doesn’t mean it won’t hurt you.in fact one swipe on the eye and it will blind you. However you can get really good beam visibility and not have to wear glasses when it’s under 150 mw. Only when it’s pointed at something a few meters away that isn’t reflective at all. Don’t stare into it either. That could be harmful. My first lasers were a 492 nm 100 mw cyan laser,a 520 nm 150 mw green laser,and a 445 nm 500 mw blue laser.I got them all from the San wu pocket series. They all can impress people and the 500 mw burns easy.with the 500 mw laser and when burning you must wear safety goggles. Anyway if you have any questions you can ask me. Also what would you be using the laser for. Is it just for burning purposes? Also the San wu company sells in my opinion the best lasers. They are a bit pricy though.
Have any good suggestions on where I can find a good cyan laser?

julianthedragon

Have any good suggestions on where I can find a good cyan laser?
You don't need to post twice :)

Check out the Sanwu pocket series 488nm or 492nm cyan lasers.

Or you can go for this mass produced waterproof model that I've seen floating around (no pun intended):
Here's a review of a similar product with power output and pictures (4.5 stars):

Cyan diodes have become widely available in the past few years so there are many members with the diodes that may be willing to create or part with a custom build as well. That's how I got my 485nm

Borislav@87

Hello, I am new to lasers.
I know laser safety (general)
I need a place to buy these
laser power meter
safety glasses for blue lasers
1-3 W laser (for burning)
Batteries for the laser
1.6W real
I had one and it was great. I sold it after a while