Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from upstate NY.

Hey guys I'm fairly new to the site and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I live in upstate NY. I have been a laser enthusiast since I have been very young. I am 33 years old and I remember seeing my first red laser pointer at RadioShack back when literally nobody had them at all. I convinced my father when I was like 9 to buy me a 75 dollar probably less than 5mw red laser pointer and I fell in love. I have owned several lasers since then including a 125 mW dpss 532nm viper from dragon lasers which was actually a very nice laser. It had no way to focus the beam but still burned pretty well for the power. 2 days ago I ordered the 3 watt 445nm striker saber from sanwu because of all the good reviews on this site of the company. I am also purchasing a 1.2 watt 520 nm diode from Dtr's ebay page and having lifetime17 assemble it into a host for me since I have never done a build myself. I do plan on purchasing a cheaper diode and building my first pointer very soon so any tips at all would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the LPF, Ryan. Yes, I saw my first laser in 1965 when I saw a ruby laser pop a blue balloon from across a stage. I had already been aware of them since I had done some reading on the physics of lasers. After college I started making my own holograms with the aid of a HeNe laser and, now that I have retired, I build and collect lasers that interest me. Glad to have you here among us.

Welcome to the LPF, Ryan. Yes, I saw my first laser in 1965 when I saw a ruby laser pop a blue balloon from across a stage. I had already been aware of them since I had done some reading on the physics of lasers. After college I started making my own holograms with the aid of a HeNe laser and, now that I have retired, I build and collect lasers that interest me. Glad to have you here among us.

That sounds amazing Paul I would love to see what you have sometime. Do you have any videos posted anywhere?

I have many threads of laser builds and also reviews of lasers I haven't built, but obtained. Those are mostly gas lasers and lab lasers in unusual wavelengths. I don't currently have links to any of them, but I'm sure you can find some.