Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello From U.S.

hey evreybody. im not really that geeky when it comes to lasers but thats why im here haha. my name is gabriel and im having trouble figuring out which side of this diode i have (i took it out of a rewritable dvr) is anode and cathose. please dont try to tell me where the search option is i already tried that, and google isnt much either. reason being, i dont have a multimeter, my anode/ cathode whatever it which, neither legs are longer than the other, they werent connected to wires so i couldnt tell based off which wire was connected, it was however connected to one of those chip thingies but it didnt even have the connection to the legs labled. is there any other way i can tell which side is anode/cathde? and if i hook them up wrong will it damage the diode? and btw i know that ths in the wrong section (maybee) but i needed to introduce myself and how noob i am, and i dont feel like pointing myself out twice in two diffrent threads

We're going to need more info because all laser diodes are different. Where did you pull the diode from? Do you have pictures?

Edit: Never mind, I just found your other thread. ;)

Welcome to the forums.

Last edited: