Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from southern Indiana

Hi folks,
I've been lurking here for long enough. I figure it was time to at least say hello.

I've been interested in lasers since at least the 80's when red laser pointers really started to flood the market. I bought a very cheap (at the time) $30.00 piece of junk at Service Merchandise (Remember them?) that you couldn't see the red dot in a completely dark room.

I soon upgraded to what had been my only other laser pointer (I don't count the $5.00 key chain toys with the 400 "lens".) until recently and also one of my favorite ones. A very slim <5mw red pen that takes AAAA batteries. At the time (Over 10 years ago) I paid around $150.00 for it and it's still kicking all these years later. The only issue is finding batteries for it locally. They are normally special order at Radio Shack.

Now within the last couple of months I found this place, and since then I have purchased 3 new pens style pointers and one really nice 1W+ 445, The pointers are somewhere around 20-25mw if I had to guess, although with my limited experience and no LPM they could all be 5mw for all I know.

I've also purchased a nice pair of laser goggles for the 445. I even tend to use them with my two green pens and 405 pen as well, since they all seem so bright.

Now that all the niceties are out of the way. I have a serious bone to pick with all of you. YOU ARE COSTING ME TOO MUCH MONEY!!! :tsk: At the rate I am going, I am going to be divorced and living out of the back of my car within the month. :D

Oh well off to read the For Sale forum and drool some more. As soon as pay day is here again, it's time to start looking for my next purchase. I'm thinking about a red somewhere around 250-300mw in a Cree C6 style host to match my 445! (This is going to be an expensive hobby!)

James

Welcome to LPF! : )

I hope you enjoy the stay...!

Sorry, but I haven't read the entire text, I'm a little lazy today xd

Reegards! and a:beer:

Antonio

Last edited:
welcome.gif
to the Forum...
Don't forget to read the FAQs... the Stickies and the Forum Rules..
There is a lot of Laser related info here to keep you safe...

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

For a powerful red laser, you can take a look here.

Red laser : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Are cheap, but very acceptable.

Yeah, this is a expensive hobby, but I've been involved in other hobbys, equally or more expensives than lasers. The guitar world for example, it was so expensive , and I spent a lot of money in it. A few months ago, I sold all my guitar stuffs: guitars, amps, etc, and I've changed my hobby.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I've looked into o-like, but I'm a little hesitant to order from them due to the customs thing and long ship times. (They are located in China, right?)

Yes they are located in china.... but they have proven themselves
on this Forum for providing good for the price lasers and good
customer service..

I've bought from them is the past year and all my parts showed
up just fine...

Jerry