Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from South Africa

Hi Guys!

Glad to Finally join this forum as i have found so much info on here before purchasing my very first laser. (other than 5 or so cheap red ones at the local Chinese market :shhh:)

I picked up a fascination for lasers after hours of youtube videos a few years back and thought to myself: "Self, How awesome does that look? wouldnt that be fun???" Unfortunately i could not find any decent powered lasers (over 10mw) locally and couldn't shell out the cash for importing one. Beginning December 2013 i started reading on this forum and found that bargains could be had on ebay and other re sellers online, and started searching again. I found one!

The laser i purchased is a green laser pointer which i got from a local online gadget store ordered on Friday Jan 3 2014 and arrived this morning Jan 6. It set me back R399 + R49 for shipping or approximately 39USD + 4.9USD. 200mw green laser at 532nm. focus-able. star effect lens. 2400 mah battery. carry case. charger. everything i was looking for in my first laser kit. After a bit of playing with it i found it to be one of my favorite purchases so far. it lights matches and pyro fuses with ease when focused correctly, and is visible 500m away even outside in broad daylight.

Heres a link to my first video: SDLaser 303 200mw green laser - YouTube

I hope this is the beginning of a long and fruitful journey with lasers for me!

Thanks to the mods for an awesome forum.

Joshua Deetlefs

Hi Josh, welcome to LPF. Nice vid! Do remember safety glasses :tinfoil::

Hi, thanks for the welcome! very good video demo, finally know they actually do what they say!

Tmack

Hello josh. Welcome to the forum. So much to learn here. I remember my first post. Now I feel like I'm a very small part of the community. Stick around and it will be the same for you.

Thanks T! Just got done doing some sky pointing (watching for planes on a radar of course) and loved it! Beam is bright and dot is hitting trees at 500m without being focused never mind with the focus. Enjoying reading the forums and learning as I go!

Tmack

What till you grab a 3000mw 445nm, or a 500mw 532. Your going to fall in love.

Last edited: