Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from new user from France

Hello everyone :yh:
I am new to LPF. I am French and I always have long had a passion for lasers, but here in France apart from the small red pointer 1mW, there is nothing. And in May I was on holiday in Turkey and over there there was a lot of green laser pointer. I bought three of 100 mW (that's what's written on it ...) made ​​in China, and now I have the virus of laser pointers. Returning to France I really started looking on internet sites to buy pointers and Ebay and found a site selling in French: pointeurlaser.com, a subsidiary of Beamq.com. As they indicated a guaranteed delivery in France I ordered a green laser burning of 200 mw to 142 euros. Upon receipt disappointment, it worked 2 minutes and when I removed the battery for charging, the contact spring was desoldered. Back to Quebec of the laser so they send me back another one month later. This time it is the blue LED lighting that worked 5 minutes but fortunately the laser still works.
I feel like I have paid too much by ignorance and that this laser is not worth 142 euros. :mad:
Since I really consulted the internet and found your site, in English it's hard for me but long live google translation!
And since I learned a lot with all the passion involved in LPF. I hope one day there will be the same passions in France !

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

Do you have a Link/URL to the Laser that
you bought from BeamQ ?

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Burnsy

Hello and welcome

Yeah I also had a bed experience with Beamq before I found Laserpointerforums
(see my Signature)

Try only to buy from the good sites like CNI, Laserglow, Jetlasers, O-like and some else(or the cheap that therefore sell their lasers sometimes underspec like Dealextreme, Rayfoss).

Or try the Buy sell trade section here for good lasers from members :wave:

I hope you have safety glasses for you burnings ;)

Welcome to this great forum :wave:

Here you will find everything for your hobby.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bienvenu à ce superbe forum, vous trouverez de tout pour votre nouveau (ou vieux) hobby :yh:

à bientôt

Should someone point out that this is the last place to be to "save money" on lasers ?
From what I keep reading, everyone is always broke cause they just bought another !

:crackup:

Thank you for your answers. The green laser that I bought is the following : Laser vert brûlant 200mw
The site says it is part of Beamq. But the photo on the site does not correspond exactly with the laser that I received, but it matches with the following:
Laser vert 200mw super économique
And it costs only 55 euros!:yabbmad:

Do not worry, we've all paid the hazing at some point in our lives.

Also I doubt that this laser has a real 200mW.

would be fine test the power of this laser.

------------------------------------------------

Dans quelle partie de la France vivez vous?

And to test the laser power, I do not have to powermeter :yabbem: and I do not know how it works or how to get them :thinking:

And to test the laser power, I do not have to powermeter :yabbem: and I do not know how it works or how to get them :thinking:

That's why I ask in what part you live.

I have a LPM and I would test it with no problem, but unless you sent the laser, I think we live quite far.

Another option is to buy one, here's a member who sells it.

I don't like the site that you purchased your laser from
just because they state....
ATTENTION: Ce laser ne doit jamais entrer en contact direct avec les yeux.
ATTENTION: this laser should never come in direct contact with eyes...:thinking:

1) it is the Laser Beam that should not be directed into the eye...
(Although coming in contact with a Laser host into your eye could
be considered annoying...:crackup:)

2) it would be more in line with Laser Safety if they stated that
appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses must be worn operating
Laser >5mW...

And to test the laser power, I do not have to powermeter and I do not know how it works or how to get them

Look at the Links in my sig...:)

Jerry

Last edited:
OK thank you for the info. For now my goal is to buy or build my laser blue 1W or more. I gather information for my mind, maybe Jet Laser PL-C, or Rayfoss that apparently the same model, or Survival Laser, I have opinions of experts ... :thanks:

Welcome to LPF! Please be safe. Research will get you the best deal.

Here is a picture of my first green laser. The first pointer (with tips), I bought during a trip to Turkey in May, it is marked 200 mW but I do not know if it's true ... :cryyy:
The second I ordered the site pointeurlaser.com (Beamq.com group) is also a 200 mW focus, paid € 142 :yabbmad:. I can burn black garbage bags, black plastic and light matches (hard).
And now I just ordered my first blue laser 445 nm de1W on the site of Lazer and then I plan to make me one! ;)

Attachments

• Laser 2.jpg
    Laser 2.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 78