Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from (near) Pittsburgh..

MurphyMurph

Hello LPF! Im a new member, but have been coming to the site periodically for info for around 5 years. So I’ve been obsessed with beams since the purchase of my first ‘real’ laser (WickedLasers Executive Fusion 125mw) back in 2007. At that time I had not even began to think of trying to build my own, as the price of that laser took me months to save up for. Flash forward to around 2014, after 7 or so years of Wow’ing people at parties and countless hours of self amusement, a roll off of the coffee table was all it took to watch the light “fade away”. At that point I decided to buy one of their new 1000mw versions, which at the time was roughly the same price I paid for the 125mw output. But now, WL no longer shipped to the U.S.. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise since it led me to LPF, where I was able to learn that there were more wavelengths than just ‘Red, Green and Blue’ lol.
I feel like a kid in a candy store with all the information that’s available on this site. Through years of coming back, learning just the basics (so far), some help from my day job in fabrication, and of course DTR’s components, I’ve been able to build my own hosts to get back that enjoyment from those colored beams! It’s nice to know that I’m not alone with this addiction.

Hi,
Welcome to LPF hope you enjoy our forum, it has a multitude if info . And we have a search bar here that I think you are already aware of.
Rich:)

trephanation

Welcome, I've recently caught the bug too. that NDG7475 is insane isn't it? I've got a G2 lens coming for mine, when I originally built it I got a 2E-G as it was the cheapest option and didn't really research lenses. Tried the G2 from my 2W blue while I was repairing it on my 520nm and it's what it was missing the whole time. Make sure you look into every aspect of a build, there are always going to be things you can make better, and make sure you have appropriate safety glasses if you're going to work with class III-IV lasers up close.

Jack