Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from hey101

hey101

Hello everyone, my actual name is Mark but my username is hey101. I am definitely new here, but I am still new to lasers other than going to EDM music festivals and shows and admiring the work people have put into them. I am a small time DJ who is also very good with computers and I am fluent with several programming languages. I have a limited knowledge of small electronics with arduinos, but I have managed to use it and a raspberry pi to make a voice activated home automation system for my room. I currently attend college and I am studying Computer Engineering Technology.

One of my main projects is working with making my own custom light show for when I DJ at small parties like some frat parties at GA Tech. I currently have 2 UV Led boards that I made for covering a decent area with UV light. I also make 2 RGB Led strobe lights that I use for strobes or ambient lighting in my music sets. I plan to make two more. My goal is to eventually make a full color laser machine for doing awesome aerials to add to my set.

I currently took on a new idea for djing and lighting which is to pre-make 3-10 different light shows for each song I play with. Then I output the current song name and position of the actively playing songs and send it to my raspberry pi which processes that and then sends commands to my arduino via serial that control the lights. Each of my light shows then go perfectly in-sync with the music and it is different each time.
It was just a small project that has now turned into a big one as everything for my light show has been home made so far.

Anyhow, I am glad to now be a member of this website and hopefully I can contribute some of my limited knowledge to help someone out. :)

pretty good intro-:p

but late--

One bothering thing-- why no +rep to Sven and Cypra-
:tsk::tsk:
it wont change thier rep score and most here are not highly concerned with the rep systemanyway BUT your comment in the rep will be read and appreaicted- once you have more posts-threads and rep your will make a diff. and turn from blue to green-

RED REP should be NEVER used except as a last resort-PM any member and talk before you neg-rep--:huh:

PM coming with your 'homework' for the next 6 months--
& better look for a second job- good thing about you was skipping the handheld addiction-
ONE good PJ is worth many pointers-on the 'fun' meter--

and those around you may NOT think you have lost your mind- but being a DJ may get you some slack--handheld owners don't get the same break from friends and family that PJ/DJ (VJ) owners get.

;):toilet::rolleyes:

- "WHAT you bought ANOTHER lazor?? you have some already WHY are you buying more?? ...AND you dont play with the ones you have!!' "WHY"

BUT put on thier fav music and do a laser show and you will get WOW! instead of why?

:wave::beer::beer:

hey101

I actually didn't even notice the rep system on the forum. I went back and added rep. Thanks for pointing that out!

I am definitely looking for a second job. This stuff gets very expensive quickly. I already spent $300 on led lights that I hung up around the room for djing and house parties. This pj is going to kill me but it will be worth it.

As to the handheld lasers, the best I got was the 5mW ones from eBay and I bought around 5 of them of different colors. But it wasn't long after that I got the galaxian sky and moved to projectors and man are they fun........ They also look awesome. In preparation for my laser build I already have a haze machine on the way :)

hazer-- cool they too are a step above the common fogger and none of the real pros use anythiung but hazers..

TBH you really should get your FDA variance BEFORE doing anything bigger that a home party- you should be both legal and safe BUT as i well know that is not always easy & my take is its... still better to be very safe and not hold a operators varience than hold one and do an unsafe show.-- I have a thread going on LSO training and you need to read it-- about your LEDS-- they are cooler than ever and news styles come out all the time- they are all eye safe (AFAIK) so no variance is required.

a lot of DJs go with them-- cheaper and safer.

if you mix music well they will not mind the LED lights-- the music comes first IMO.

find one of these bad boys-saw in person twice awesome LED/Fogger called a 'Geyser'

several china dealers sell these- so shop for best prices- check the home page of LaserKing--