Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from another newbie

Hi All,

Just stumbled upon this great forum. I'm looking forward to learning and the new hobby.

I just recently picked up one of the 50mW LED shoppe greenies and it's great. It simply blows away my drug-store-dime-a-dozen red <5mW that I've had for years.

It likes to warm up for a few seconds before it shines full tilt which is kind of a bummer but when it gets going, the beam is very visible at night outside. I get my thrills pointing at stars, clouds and into the trees. I also just bought their 50mW 405nm since it was so cheap.

Anyway I had a question about safety. I'm not too worried about being blinded by the beam or a reflection since I am very careful with it and don't shine it at anything that could possibly reflect back (glass, metal etc.). But I have been reading about the IR content of greens since I've been lurking and wonder if that's an issue with this one indoors. Surely it's not an issue outdoors is it?

Comments welcome and thanks.

NP

WELCOME TO L.P.F.!!!!!! led shoppe pens are great first lasers....forsure look into getting some 532 glasses for indoor use i know you will eventually get a highpowered greenie where you will need glasses on all the time indoors....enjoy the forum theres lots to learn have fun..