Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello (deployed atm)

I have been looking on my spare time while out here deployed at lasers. Have always been fascinated by them and plan on using them to point out stars when I get back to my family in a few months.

I noticed on one post that in 2008 someone did a review on a Wicked Laser 500mW and posted it cost ..... 3500$ I suppose my first question to the forum is has technology improved so much over just the last 4 years that the cost of a handheld laser is just a small fraction of the price?

We have Chinese *eBay* style lasers being sold out here in the bazaar and I highly doubt the 15$ I paid for my first one is really putting out 300mW, however when compared to the M4 rail mounted laser on my rifle the beam is completely amazing.

Getting a pair of laser goggles out here is a slim to none chance, and it is not to tactical to have a large beam coming from your location anyways so I just shipped it home and I will enjoy it months down the road. But it was really amazing seeing the beam when pointed up in the sky for the brief 2 minutes we played with it.

I really look forward to collecting a few different types, and really appreciate all the posts people have spent the time to make on reviews and advice as over the last week I learned alot about lasers thru here.

Just wanted to stop and say hi and also ask my above question.

Anthony