Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, and thank you!

Putrio

Good Afternoon!

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello and thanks. I've been lurking around for the past week or so (and briefly a couple months before that), and have really learned quite a bit about building your own laser. From which custom hosts work well, people selling custom heatsinks, to diode extraction and housing suggestions, I've found everything I could think to ask here. I ordered the Dorcy Jr host/heatsink/aixiz package from DarkHorse, and now i'm waiting to get the diode and driver. Anyhoo, thanks again!

Ian

Welcome to the Forum...
There is a wealth of Laser info here...
All you need to do is read... read... and read some more...
Don't forget to read the New Members Stickies...

Remember... the [Seaerch] button is your friend...

Jerry

Putrio said:
Good Afternoon!

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello and thanks.  I've been lurking around for the past week or so (and briefly a couple months before that), and have really learned quite a bit about building your own laser.  From which custom hosts work well, people selling custom heatsinks, to diode extraction and housing suggestions, I've found everything I could think to ask here.  I ordered the Dorcy Jr host/heatsink/aixiz package from DarkHorse, and now i'm waiting to get the diode and driver.   Anyhoo, thanks again!

Ian

THANKS FOR LURKING!

Welcome :)

Putrio said:
Good Afternoon!

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello and thanks.  I've been lurking around for the past week or so (and briefly a couple months before that), and have really learned quite a bit about building your own laser.  From which custom hosts work well, people selling custom heatsinks, to diode extraction and housing suggestions, I've found everything I could think to ask here.  I ordered the Dorcy Jr host/heatsink/aixiz package from DarkHorse, and now i'm waiting to get the diode and driver.   Anyhoo, thanks again!

Ian

We need more lurkers, we have too many idiots thinking that they make there 5mw red laser into a 100 mega watt death ray of doom by poking a screw driver into there laser.

I hope your laser works out I've got all my parts in the mail too!  ;D

Expect I'm building a pocket pal it's a lil harder then a dorcy Jr.

lasersbee said:
Welcome to the Forum...
There is a wealth of Laser info here...
All you need to do is read... read... and read some more...
Don't forget to read the New Members Stickies...

Remember... the [Seaerch] button is your friend...

Jerry

Could you help me I forget where the "Seaerch" button is ;D

Putrio

PhotonSky said:
[quote author=Putrio link=1238091338/0#0 date=1238091338]Good Afternoon!

Ian

We need more lurkers, we have too many idiots thinking that they make there 5mw red laser into a 100 mega watt death ray of doom by poking a screw driver into there laser.

I hope your laser works out I've got all my parts in the mail too!  ;D

Expect I'm building a pocket pal it's a lil harder then a dorcy Jr.

[/quote]

My main reason for the DJr was the look, I really like how small it is! Now that I actually have it in person, I might have to buy another, just to have as an actual flashlight, haha! Thanks for all the warm welcomes!