Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello and maybe some help please.

:wave:

I've been reading for a few weeks and thought it was time I registered. I'm a Paramedic in a very rural area, from my station it's an hour by ambulance to the closest Hospital. I've been a few different things, a Blacksmith making armor and swords, a registered Priest, I went to school to be a Pastry chef, and now I'm a Medic. I get board with what I'm doing and move on, but always keep it as a hobby. I've been working on an ambulance for awhile, I'll probably "settle down" with this. I'm pretty much ok with everything and everyone so long as your not trying to hurt people. I'm a little bit of a nerd and the hospital staff where I work have started calling me "Jimmie Neutron" LOL If any of you play WOW look me up on Windrunner as Paganjimmie.

I've been collecting a few lasers from Amazon over the last few years and am looking for more, a lot more. 5mw is fine to play with my cats, but I've been wanting something a lot stronger for awhile now. I've been drooling over an Arctic from Wicked Lasers for awhile, but honestly after reading the forum for a week I'm scarred to buy from ANYbody. Where do I start?

My paypal is being stupid. I've been using them for years but now they want more information on me, I've sent my drivers license, proof of residency and now they are wanting my SS#, so I'll not be using them anymore. Anybody use an alternative? Maybe something reputable where I can simply use my debit card?

I am well aware of the safety needed with even low power lasers. I've hammered out red hot swords, due to radiation treatments from brain cancer I've had cataract surgery, handle firearms, and I"m a Paramedic. I know to protect my eyes very well, lol.

This turned out longer than I thought, lol. Soo... For my first high powered laser I'm looking for a 1w 445nm for around $200. Focusable with lenses to change affects (like star patterns and dots, ext)

I am open to any suggestions and any information you people are willing to give me would be very much appreciated.

Have a look in the Buy/Sell/Trade section for
your Laser related needs...
There are a few other options for paying on
line but I don't use them. I only use PP on line.

Someone else will probably chime in on that.
That being said....

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Don't forget to put your location in your Sig so that
we know where you are from.

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time through our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Welcome to LPF :)

As Jerry said, paypal is not the only option. You can setup google checkout for example, for online shopping.

A lot of websites, and people who do insist on using paypal, can also create an invoice for you, and email to you. You can pay them back via paypal, using a credit card, but without having to register.

Also just sending a money order is absolutely fine for any of the vets.

Take a look at the buy/sell/trade section, settle on what you would like, and payment really won't be an issue.

take a glance at Blord's >2000mW builds in the $200 price range. for a basic nothing fancy pointer in the blue-ray 445nm color, expect to pay 10 cents a mW or $100/Watt. more, the prettier the hosts look. :)

other beam colors come in at higher costs. it's a supply and demand thing. the blue-ray industry is supplying plenty of diodes in the 445nm color, these days. As such, these are among the least expensive, high-powered lasers available right now.

Last edited:
Ty all. Seems Blord is the way to go for my first laser. Ty again. :D

Just bought the 2+w 445nm laser from Blord. I cant wait till it comes in. Ty all again for the help.

Last edited:
take a glance at Blord's >2000mW builds in the $200 price range. for a basic nothing fancy pointer in the blue-ray 445nm color, expect to pay 10 cents a mW or $100/Watt. more, the prettier the hosts look. :)

other beam colors come in at higher costs. it's a supply and demand thing. the blue-ray industry is supplying plenty of diodes in the 445nm color, these days. As such, these are among the least expensive, high-powered lasers available right now.

Just so there is no confusion, 445nm is blue but is not "blu-ray". Blu-ray is 405nm and is perceived by most people as violet-ish.