Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello and congratulations

<5mW is all it said, I could make a guess of about 60mw if what they say is true in the description, but all I know for sure is they say its more than 5mw. Welcome to the forum by the way. I would not buy that laser though, they claim its made with a good quality diode, but being a dpss laser, do they mean the IR diode or do they mean they have no idea what a dpss laser is? I do like the key lock and the transformable battery tube though.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Enjoy your stay.

Thank you for their quick answer.
Do forgive my expression with the language (do I use a translator) DPSS, does it mean that the sheaf of light won't be seen by day?
I am beginner and I don't know the characteristics of the different types of pointers. : O

Best regards.

Juanma.

Last edited:
an 808 nm wavelength infrared laser diode pumps a neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet (Nd:YAG) crystal and produces 1064nm laser that is freq doubled by a KTP crystal or potassium titanyl phosphate to poduce 532nm light. This is what I mean by dpss or diode pumped solid state

But it is a IR laser that uses crystals to get to 532nm green, in laymen's terms. depending on how well the its put together and the quality of components, this laser in a handheld can range from say 1mw all the way to 1W. For the price they are charging I can assume its a 5mw to 100mw laser but only way to know for sure is to stick it on a LPM or laser power meter.

If you can see the beam or not during the day or not depends on the power of the laser in mw. I could not tell you for sure with out knowing what it puts out, and they do not say anything on sellers description other than is more than 5mw.

Last edited:
Thank you for their quick answer.
Do forgive my expression with the language (do I use a translator) DPSS, does it mean that the sheaf of light won't be seen by day?
I am beginner and I don't know the characteristics of the different types of pointers. : O

Best regards.

Juanma.

DPSS is a type of laser, a green laser. In order for you to see the beam (I think that is what you mean by 'sheaf of light') at night you would need a 5mW or greater 532nm green laser. If you want to see the beam at night, a 50mW is good.

If you want to burn stuff, you would need a laser greater than 100mW, around 200mW for good and quick burning.

However, with lasers above 5mW, you will NEED laser safety goggles or you will go blind! (slight exaggeration) I suggest Eagle Pair from survivallaser.com for the appropriate wavelength!

Last edited:

vk2fro

I would stay away from this particular laser as the ebay ad states "dont complain if it cant burn. Laser newbies should not buy my product". What business turns customers away like that?

I would get a greenie from o-like - they're usually up to spec.

You'll have to save an extra $40 dollars for the olike, but this one will definatly have you popping balloons, lighting matches and cutting tape and all the other silly laser tricks in no time (well about 2 weeks :p)

edit: forgot the o-like link: http://www.o-like.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=65

Oh, and welcome to LPF :)

Cheers

Last edited:
I would stay away from this particular laser as the ebay ad states "dont complain if it cant burn. Laser newbies should not buy my product". What business turns customers away like that?

To be honest I think it might be a member of our forum.

He knows about n00bs, blackened matches, and says to use goggles. Sounds like he knows what he is talking about.

Thank you.

It seems the same laser of the link that vk2fro. What I don't understand is that he announces that their power is > 5mW, being really of 150mW.

I say that it doesn't promote the sale of the product appropriately.

Best Regards.
Juanma.

Last edited:

vk2fro

if it is a forum members ebay advert then I sincerely apologise but you still would be well advised to change that wording. Thanks for the heads up TJ

juanma666: although the lasers look the same, the modules (guts in them) could be completly different.

Oops sorry if I downed a fellow member product, I don't trust ppl on eBay at all. :p I forgot you cannot list over 5mw or ebay will mess with ya.

Oops sorry if I downed a fellow member product, I don't trust ppl on eBay at all. :p I forgot you cannot list over 5mw or ebay will mess with ya.

Hello, I don't understand. To that refers with PPL?: Indecisos:

Do I understand that you refer to that cannot announce you more than 5mW for a laser?
It should be due to the law of U.S.

But I believe that, when announcing a product, this should reflect all the specifications correctly; like a partner has said, in the same chassis different chips of power can be mounted.
I have carried out the order, to make sure, for the price that has... I take a risk to buy for when it arrives to my hands, to write in the forum their specifications and the impressions that he/she has on the article; it will serve this way as reference for next partners that can be interested in this pointer.

It is sometimes necessary to take a risk to leave doubts and today I have been me, je, je, je.

Thanks to all for the help and Best Regards.

Juanma.

Ebay will remove the sale if you post a pointer over 5mw, I had forgot, the best way is to send the seller a pm(private message) to get details not on the listing. ppl is internet slang for people

Last edited:
I do have a little Spanish(native tongue for Tx)
but if I had to deal with all this by using babblfish... so
When I read that english is not a posters first language I dont use many slang/abbrevaitions /etc- and Use short sentences and would hope they would do the same for me , if the roles were reversed.
And if they are in China- real short words and sentences..they get confused fast(most, not all).. aksed about duty/ rest cycle--got back... " we no sell cycles just lasers"... I think Juanma will be a fast learner. I sent him a link to Albert's profile page..

Do I foresee a SpainLEM in the future..

Last edited:
yep I forgot about the slang, and I understand, from copperas cove myself so I speak a tiny bit of Spanish and for some reason Vietnamese picked it up in job corps in 89-91 I can't spell it though, only talk :p

Thank you for the offered help.

My main concern now is to know the suitable and sure use of a pointer laser, for not damaging anybody.
As responsible person, I need advice of sure use.

If there is in the forum information in this respect, he/she would appreciate a link to her.

Thank you.

Juanma.