Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello All

tmoney321

Welcome! Enjoy the forum. It holds a vast wealth of information.

Learning to put your own lasers together is a very rewarding experience, and you can get more and more technical as you gain knowledge. I've learned to put my own units together, so now the next step is to learn to build my own driver circuits (even though it's far easier to build a hand held unit with a pre-built driver).

As for Sanwu, it's unfortunate that they are having issues. Someone showed me an email exchange with them, in which they mentioned that they "may never sell lasers again", so hopefully that doesn't end up being the case. They are in my opinion the best laser company for the casual (non-commercial/industrial) consumer.
Indeed, I was told Chinese customs decided to suspend and monitor exports such as lasers, tactical flashlights etc. Also that they were put on a government watchlist for the time being. I hope things calm down and they are able to continue operations as normal, would be a shame if what you said is the case.

Welcome to LPF

The fight for freedom in Hong Kong against the tyrannical Chinese government is an uphill battle for the good people of Hong Kong and it's not any tax policy that is stopping laser pointers from China, taxes are simply passed on to the consumer, it's an overbearing control hungry government that blocks freedom, arrests people for speaking their mind and seeks to control everything through surveillance that lasers pointers have been used to interfere with so that's what it's about, not about addressing longstanding unfair trade practices and delivered to us an outstanding economy.

Last edited:
I think Hak's point was that with these tariffs people will be buying fewer lasers and THAT will cause some to go out of business. A 25% tax on these is quite a large addition to the price of many of these lasers. Especially the higher power ones.

I think Hak's point was that with these tariffs people will be buying fewer lasers and THAT will cause some to go out of business. A 25% tax on these is quite a large addition to the price of many of these lasers. Especially the higher power ones.

The unfair trade practices needed to be addressed while here at home my RX drug prices have been cut in half and family members have also seen their RX drug prices cut in half, so if some non critical discretionary item like a laser pointer has a 25% import tax then so be it and it's not like that is going to keep people from buying either.

New tariffs and taxes in imports from China may cause many companies to close.

thanks DT

I hope so, then more people will buy American, China has been taking advantage of US for a long time.

But the 8 dollar 50mw Chinese pointers won't stop just because the price went from 8 to 10 dollars, people will buy them anyway.

Last edited:

tmoney321

Welcome to LPF

The fight for freedom in Hong Kong against the tyrannical Chinese government is an uphill battle for the good people of Hong Kong and it's not any tax policy that is stopping laser pointers from China, taxes are simply passed on to the consumer, it's an overbearing control hungry government that blocks freedom, arrests people for speaking their mind and seeks to control everything through surveillance that lasers pointers have been used to interfere with so that's what it's about, not about addressing longstanding unfair trade practices and delivered to us an outstanding economy.

Well said. Its why they are restricting exports and putting businesses on government watch lists. I relate with the good people in China who just want to work hard, maybe even innovate - but Communism does not allow for this - the State knows what is best, period.

The unfair trade practices needed to be addressed while here at home my RX drug prices have been cut in half and family members have also seen their RX drug prices cut in half, so if some non critical discretionary item like a laser pointer has a 25% import tax then so be it and it's not like that is going to keep people from buying either.

I hope so, then more people will buy American, China has been taking advantage of US for a long time.

But the 8 dollar 50mw Chinese pointers won't stop just because the price went from 8 to 10 dollars, people will buy them anyway.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.