Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello all! New here from the us(Michigan), but been lurking for months!

Eugene

Hey, i have always loved laser`s and very bright flashlight`s.. I have always bought laser`s when i have come a crossed them in the stores. I want to turn this life long fascination into a more hands on knowledgeable type of thing. I have read all the danger`s and laws regarding laser`s. I do cherish my eyes and would never forgive myself for hurting someone.. Especially someone i love and i care about..

I want to get to know everyone here, because i will be here for a long time!

I am looking to build my first laser. I have pm`d one member about buying a kit.. Any info anyone can give me on like bulk Aixiz modules and the correct size that i will need. Maybe some bulk driver`s, bulk lens`, i want to build a blue laser first, the a green, and then a red.. I am more concerned a bout a really good beam, and a very bright laser, but would also love to have the burning capabilities as well.. Before i but anything i guess i should be asking where i can get a good deal on 3 or 4 pairs of safety glasses/goggles.. I would prefer to have these before even working on any laser`s.. Anyone who can point me in the right direction.. I would love to hear from you.. I am very anxious to begin.. Anyone who has things for sale that i may be interested in.. PLEASE do not hesitate top send me a message! I have looked at a lot of your posts.. Especially the guys who are building things! There are a lot of you who seem to know a lot about lasers.. So any tip`s tricks would be appreciated as well.. Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you! Take care...

Eugene

umss

Hi and welcome to the forums. :)
You'll get to know us all soon enough ^^
I'm Chezumss, one of the few active females here not so much use when it comes to asking about lasers but always here to talk xP. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Last edited:
Hi! Welcome to the forums. You're lucky today, receiving welcome from two girls. :)
If you have looked at a lot of posts then you know that the guys will help you to build your first laser.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum.
Go to the Laser Pro Shop section here, lots of parts (and help) there.

Hey What's up Eugene! I'm a nooby here too. JayRob sells kits that are really tight and outta sight. He's a pro. I've bought a few items from him. Also, for parts, modules, diodes, sleds etc, check out Hightechdealz.com. Kendall is real easy to work with and prices are right. Many of the LED flashlight hosts come from DealExtreme.com in China. You can get bulk drivers from DrLava. They're in stock. I just bought a crap load yesterday. Flexdrives are $23 each. $21.50 for ten or more and $19.50 for 20 or more.
http://hacylon.case.edu/ebay/laser_diode/Micro_FlexDrive.php ...You can also buy bulk Aixiz modules from Aixiz.com .... Hope this helps....
Hi everybody else, nice to meet you.

Later, Blob

Hey! I'm new here too. But I'm new in another way too. I've never touched a laser pointer in my life, but I do have one on order. :beer:

I had none two months ago, and no electronic knowledge. I did have soldering experience, which to me is not something you learn, it's just something you do. I got the itch and found everything I needed right here on the forums. Now, I'm building two and three at a time. After your first build, it's a breeze. I bought one, took it apart, put it back together, and wahla! Presto! You got knowledge. Only thing I haven't mastered yet is heatsinx. Been buying them. I bought one of them DX 5mW jobbies too. Pretty cool for only a few bux. You can even see some beam with it.

Eugene

Hello.. Thanks for responding guys and ladies! Of course i felt very lucky to get any kind of attention from two ladies! LOL Yes, i have checked out Jayrobs work and have talked to him about an order.. I was just going through and seeing how much a 2d maglite kit would cost me, and possibly his stainless steel 18650.. I am having a hard time making my mind up, or i would have already ordered.. I love Jayrob`s work.. I have already learned so much from reading his posts and checking his pics. out.. I am a trade machinist for 20 years now.. I want to start making my own.. I have access to all the machinery and material.. well minus the copper, but could have it order through work at wholesale.. I work with CNC`s and other types of automatic machinery that could make heatsinx, or pretty much any other part either one at a time or depending on the size and such up to a min. of 500 pcs. an hour.. Just an idea i have been kicking around.. Oh hey Solder Blob what are DX 5mW jobbies you mentioned.. Can you post a link? If you guys come a crossed any other good deals either on here or not.. Please do let me know.. This forum is huge, and still haven`t found my way around yet.. Thanks again everyone who responded!

DX 5mW jobbies are DealExtreme.com 5mW green or any color lasers that are legal for them to send to the U.S. from China. Higher wattage's might get confiscated by customs. I still hear stories of people getting higher ones though. Yeah, JayRob's got some nice chit. Blob