Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hellloo from Seattle

Panto

Hey all,

I just wanted to take the chance to introduce myself; a lot of recent interest in moving into (burning) laser projects has has me parousing around the forum the last few weeks.

Looks like a ton of great hobbyists around here with a lot of knowledge. Makes me look forward to learning some stuff and doing my own projects before I get to the point where I can turn around and help some others!

What actually pushed me over the edge and made me decide to register today was what I thought seemed like a potential jackpot with a DLP projector. I've seen a bit on a specific projector that can be stripped down for blue lasers - woot has a DLP with a higher lumen rating; any predictions about the diode contents in the bulb?

Digital DLP Projector

Last edited:

Panto

Tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine..... Washington Seattle. jk Welcome to LPF
There's not much sun here to even shine :)

Just saw another user's post on eval of a set of glasses. Since my first goal is to do something in the 400-500nm range, I just ordered a blue blocker pair off of Amazon.

Uvex OJ Gog's

I've got some experience with modding (though non-laser) in the past, so I'm leaning towards a custom enclosure once I can get the components and lens aligned. Let's see where this takes me. Do you guys have any recommended starting points?

This one looked pretty promising for a noobie like me

Last edited:
Personally I think it's a great place to start, you get a lot of experience quick harvesting parts for projects even if they don't work out. Take your time, make it nice, something to be proud of. :pop: