Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Hellloo from Seattle

Panto

Hey all,

I just wanted to take the chance to introduce myself; a lot of recent interest in moving into (burning) laser projects has has me parousing around the forum the last few weeks.

Looks like a ton of great hobbyists around here with a lot of knowledge. Makes me look forward to learning some stuff and doing my own projects before I get to the point where I can turn around and help some others!

What actually pushed me over the edge and made me decide to register today was what I thought seemed like a potential jackpot with a DLP projector. I've seen a bit on a specific projector that can be stripped down for blue lasers - woot has a DLP with a higher lumen rating; any predictions about the diode contents in the bulb?

Digital DLP Projector

Last edited:

TheDukeAnumber1

Tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine..... Washington Seattle. jk Welcome to LPF

Panto

Tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine..... Washington Seattle. jk Welcome to LPF
There's not much sun here to even shine :)

Just saw another user's post on eval of a set of glasses. Since my first goal is to do something in the 400-500nm range, I just ordered a blue blocker pair off of Amazon.

Uvex OJ Gog's

I've got some experience with modding (though non-laser) in the past, so I'm leaning towards a custom enclosure once I can get the components and lens aligned. Let's see where this takes me. Do you guys have any recommended starting points?

This one looked pretty promising for a noobie like me

Last edited:

TheDukeAnumber1

Personally I think it's a great place to start, you get a lot of experience quick harvesting parts for projects even if they don't work out. Take your time, make it nice, something to be proud of. :pop: