Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Healing properties of red laser light

I work on my feet all day and after 60 years I'm feeling the effects of gravity on my feet. The other night I took my 200mw IgorT red 650nm laser and moved it around the "cuneform" bones (found the names on google). They seem to be the bones that take the brunt of gravity in the feet. They are the last bones on the top that you can feel before getting to the foot joint. I held the laser on the skin and moved it around on top and on the bottom for about two minutes. After doing that I had a warm feeling in the area and the pain went away. This could have been placebo relief. I had a pain in my elbow from a lifting accident long ago. This gets relief as well from the red laser light. Even if it is placebo effect I'll take what I can get. I would like to hear from others if they get any pain relief from their red laser.

ben74

I'm sure lots of people have had "relief" from there dx200 ;D ;D sorry just had too

Townes

Isn't heat used for muscular pain? Red is the colour nearest the infra-red freqs. Maybe a high-tech replacement for those heat pads.

usakicksass said:
I work on my feet all day and after 60 years I'm feeling the effects of gravity on my feet. The other night I took my 200mw IgorT red 650nm laser and moved it around the "cuneform" bones (found the names on google). They seem to be the bones that take the brunt of gravity in the feet. They are the last bones on the top that you can feel before getting to the foot joint. I held the laser on the skin and moved it around on top and on the bottom for about two minutes. After doing that I had a warm feeling in the area and the pain went away. This could have been placebo relief.  I had a pain in my elbow from a lifting accident long ago. This gets relief as well from the red laser light.  Even if it is placebo effect I'll take what I can get. I would like to hear from others if they get any pain relief from their red laser.

When I shine mine in my eyes it gives me the relief of not seeing all the idiots this world is made of :eek:

I have an 808 diode from senkat. I've tried shining it for 10-15 mins on my arthritic knee when its aching. It seems to warm the joint and improve circulation, which in turns reduces its stiffness. I find it nicer than a heat pack which usually leaves the skin hot and itchy and doesn't "penetrate" like the 808 does.

Unfortunately, I see no magical healing effects :(

Benm

I doubt the few-100-mw class lasers will do anything serious in providing heat. The light easily penetrates (white) skin but does get absorbed in the tissues underneath, absorbing the heat quite quickly in the blood circulation.

To get any sort of local heating more power is required. You might as well use a big red lamp though, there is no benefit in the other properties of laser light - coherence plays no role, and it neednt be that monochromatic either.

i use my br on mozzie bites it heals faster for some reason. i am slightly allergic to them

Switch

cybob101 said:
i use my br on mozzie bites it heals faster for some reason. i am slightly allergic to them

You better pray they'll make a wavelength that you can shine on your cancer 10 years from now ::)

D

Deleted member 8382

It's well known that heat can help to minimize pain on bones, but man there are millions of ways to get heat in your feet than shinning a laser on it -.-

I let my uncle from Cali use my 300mW red to light a bowl of medical marijuana which seemed to do wonders for temporaryily healing his back pain.

usakicksass said:
I could get some of these respnses on the 8th civic.com. But thnx for the serious ones

Please clarify the connection between a Honda car forum and a laser forum ;D

:eek: I think I need a stronger laser :eek: I can still see them....

Tech_Junkie said:
When I shine mine in my eyes it gives me the relief of not seeing all the idiots this world is made of  :eek:

Yes, unfortunately you can still hear them though. Try hanging out near a runway for a while, that should fix it till they come for your wallet and shoes.

919jack said:
[quote author=Tech_Junkie link=1234279576/0#4 date=1234328410]

When I shine mine in my eyes it gives me the relief of not seeing all the idiots this world is made of  :eek:

Yes, unfortunately you can still hear them though.  Try hanging out near a runway for a while, that should fix it till they come for your wallet and shoes.[/quote]
Thanks for the tip [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I wouldn't suggest using your laser in that way if you can't determine the exact dosage and KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Monochromatic light can and is used for stimulating healing. I built a 660
and 880 nm led array that my dad used on diabetic ulcers on his feet. Doctors had been treating them for a couple of years and wanted to amputate! Two months of every other day use of the array made them go away (the ulcers, not the feet). You can overdo it with leds, too...
but you're not in as much danger of burning yourself with leds.

Look at this site www(dot)quantumdev(dot)com - and read all the papers.
Good enough for NASA is usually good enough for me.