Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HDD Power

Hi, so i got 2 hdd motors from my drive, how can i power them up and make them move in the rhythm of the music iv been looking every where. Help :bowdown:

ped

you need the logic board from the said hard drives, thier not just motors with a + and - , they require circuitry to run.

I know i got the wires connected like this here is a photo

And when i take a small battery 1,5V AAA the motor moves but it goes up and stays there

HIMNL9

I suppose you meant "arm head motor", not the brushless ones that spin the disk, right ?

You need a "class A" (or bridge) output system, able to flow a certain PWM high frequency signal (around 200KHz is good, higher is better), and the modulation must change the duty cycle ..... or, in alternative, you can use a simple audio power amplifier stage (also low power), but in this case, you have to give a mechanical system for the return force (a spring is enough, for tests, connected in the way that it keep the arm in the middle position when there's no power at the motor)

yeh i was talking about the arm, how about if i take a potentiometer then i could control the speed of the motor but i need something to power it so the arm would go back. How can i make that or can i take that from an toy car?