Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Having problems with my 500mW 532nm Viasho

Exerd

Why not repair it yourself?

Do you have a D/C power supply?

You could always test the diode yourself. If you are going to be forced to pay for the repair, you could probably get it done a bit cheaper, and quicker, just by replacing the diode. I don't assume it would be easy to hurt it any worse than it is, anyways.

I once pushed a 1 watt diode too hard to the point that it dropped to 500-600mW. Sounds like what happened, as I wouldn't expect crystal damage.

I'm guessing yours has maybe a 2 watt 9mm pump, anyone else agree? Maybe 3 watt. Anyways, I was getting 1 watt 9mm 808nm diodes for $10, a 2 watt shouldn't be too much more. I would suspect under $50.

Most, if not all portable lasers use a C-Mount pump diode to save space.

Exerd

Most, if not all portable lasers use a C-Mount pump diode to save space.

Ah. I heard that some had C-mounts, but I have had zero experience with the high-output DPSS handhelds to verify their configuration.

Uhh Ohh! Sounds like the same thing that happened to my RPL (mine was from opto) Only mine went into really odd tem modes. get ahold of Frank at viasho, he will get you all set up... Sadly my RPL IS a paper weight :( but thats OK I have much better lasers now!

I bought one of the Opto 500mW (Viasho) GB lasers several years ago. After about a month or two of occasional use, it just stopped working with no warning. I contacted Jack at Opto who gave me contact info, then I got in touch by email with Frank at Viasho, who listened to my complaint, then gave me instructions to send it to him for warranty repair. I got it back after about a month, and it has worked flawlessly in the years since. Love it, would buy it again.

2c, T.

The thread may be old, but someone new that is looking for answers is always out there that hasn't seen it yet (and I really do think that people new to lasers and this forum are so excited/fascinated that they just tend to forget to search!:D

T.

Last edited: