Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Have I stumbled onto something new?

jaycey

I have been building a 7 colour project for a while and was using the the commonly used PBS cube from a PHR sled and the Turning mirror.

But alignment was a absolute pain in the rear so I thought as I have the room in my build why dont I get rid of the PBS cube and put in another turning mirror with the violet diode at the end.

This way I wouldnt lose so much power of the violet (passing through 2 optics) and only have to align the beams one at a time instead of aligning them both (Red & Violet) through the PBS cube

So I put the green first with the red at 90degrees to it using the PHR turning mirror and then put the violet next to the Red.
This is where I run into the problem of getting a optic that would pass Red & Green but reflect blue.

I pulled optics from PHR & GGW sleds and nothing was working until I found a little optic in the GGW that done exactly what I wanted...BINGO!

Picture...

Attachments

• 100_0109.JPG
    100_0109.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 365

Cool!, Your build looks great, but i'm having a bit of difficulty differencing the optics from the clear epoxy (that's epoxy that you used on the module and optics, right?).

Could you quickly draw-up a little schematic of the positions of various optics and their angle? Have you left all the original optics on the green module? Thanks!
-Robert

BTW, happy new year! :D

jaycey

A couple more pics and I have put black lines on top of the optics.

In this build there is a 3 colour combo (giving 7 colours) at the top.
At the bottom is a 2 colour combo (giving 3 colours) but higher output.
Both go through independant 2 motor Spiros.

The top starts at the right with a O-Like 50mW Green with original optics. As the green leaves it passes through the PHR turning mirror. Above that is the LOC Red that is firing down and combining with the green.
To the left is the optic from the GGW sled that is passing through the Red/Green and at the top of this is the violet firing down and combining with the Red/Green, to the left of that is the Spiro arrangement.

At the bottom of the build is a mount for another 50mW Green (waiting for this module to arrive) and to the left of that is another PHR turning mirror with a LCC Red firing up and combining the 2 and left onto another Spiro arrangement.

The 3 colour at the bottom isnt restricted by the lower powered violet and so is more powerfull.

The 3 colour is driven by a Fire My Laser 7 colour driver powered by a 11.1v LiPo, the LCC Red at the bottom is powered by a 7v LiPo through a DDL driver and the Green (that is missing) and the spiro's are powered by 2 CR123a's wired in parallel.

I have switches and Pots to control the lasers on/off, colour program, spiro reverse and speed.

There's also a mini cooling fan just to the right of the FML Driver:)

Once I have the final green module ile do some video.

Cheers
Jason

Attachments

• 100_0155.JPG
    100_0155.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 277
  • 100_0157.JPG
    100_0157.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 286
  • 100_0159.JPG
    100_0159.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 263
That is a very nice build, and somewhat similar to what i've been thinking of constructing! I have all the parts for that build, and I happen to have a GGW sled also, so i'll keep that layout in mind when I start machining the parts for the optics adjusts and laser holders. My build will only differ by the power source, which will be one of those nifty slim external hard drive power supplies that don't take much space, so I might be able to cram everything in an aluminium box just a bit bigger than a brick of butter.

Many thanks my friend and congrats for the great project!

- Robert

Awesome build- should be an insperation to many--- great photos too- gotta +rep thanks for sharing--Hakzaw

That is a great looking build there! Any chance of a video of it in action? When you expecting the other green module?

jaycey

Ive took a couple of videos allready but my camera just isnt doing it justice at the mo, so looking into a couple of other camera options I have, so should be soon.

The green module has just been ordered so its just a waiting game now...could be next week could be next month!

Cheers