Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Has anyone used one of these quad diode engravers ?

Has anyone used or investigated any of these quad diode Chinese engravers, I'm curious about what looks like a single optic between each knife edge mirror and is the beam any good or just tight enough at a fixed distance ?

I ordered the Atomstack version. It should be delivered tomorrow if USPS gets their $hit together. I'm very curious exactly how they're combing the 4 diodes.

It looks like they knife edge the beams so they all converge over a short working distance and use a squaring optic, maybe a convex cylindrical the width of the beam placed between each mirror, so they may all run together in a beam 0.08 x 0.1 as they advertise but only over a set working range then diverge, not just each beam but the alignment of each beam.......It would be nice if they properly corrected each beam then knife edged them to infinity then lensed it down for intended use and even better if they have found some 6W diodes with m-140 or better specs to start with, but it's likely the re-canned nubm05/06 variant they use in their FAC units, but who knows, maybe something interesting or possibly able to be re-purposed.

I would think knife edging would be the way to go but their pictures make it look like the beams are going through dichro mirrors but I don't really think that's possible. I also imagine they're using the NUBM05/06/08 diodes. There's a chance they're using the re-canned FAC diodes but who knows.... not me.... My local post office had the laser yesterday but instead of sending it to me today, they sent it to a neighboring town and then back to the distribution center. ~SMDH~

I expect they are using the same diodes as they use for their FAC modified products which has a different number datasheet but the raw divergence is the same as NDB7A75 and in my testing of the FAC enhanced diodes the unit I bought 6 months after the 1st was a full watt higher output 6W @ only 3.5A so they may be buying a current production diode from n1ch1a because these are stronger than ndb7A75 and/or nubm05 diodes, I expect they are keeping output stability by pulsing as they talk about their power boards management algorithm.

However these probably don't have the FAC fiber.....at 1st glance it looks like they are knife edging via. mirror edge and using a shaping optic before each KE mirror and then a telescopic reduction at the final output, each diode would have a primary lens of course, but their artwork may not be what's actually inside the device at all........I wonder if they are aligned well enough to use a beam expander in place of the telescopic reduction to get some reach ?

Looks like it should work well for the intended purpose anyway. :)