Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

has anyone bought from boblaser.com?

We went over this one or twice a few months back. One of the pictures on their website showed a laser with the beam coming out the wrong end - just some CGI guy who doesn't know what's going on. They seem to just be a reseller from other manufacturers - not sure how trustworthy they are, but the inaccurate website and the fact that they resell Spymode lasers just gives me a bad feeling. Clearly a company that doesn't know what they're even selling so its gunna be a crapshoot.

Switch

They have that same blue laser pointer pic that warnlaser posted in the companies section.It's divergence is measured in mm btw :p
They also have a "blue crystal set" consisting of Nd:YAG and BiBO :-/
And you also get some weird spelling searching for YVO4 and KTP
There are not any products

And the working current of their IR diodes seems to be 5100 Amps, which is a lot of Amps if you ask me....So yeah.... :p

Damn your right... it does.

I forget the name of the company that has that logo...

toked323 said:
no pseudo they changed all that you should check it out now

Huh? It looks the same as when I saw that site over a year ago. Still has the same hour wait to download the flash intro with all the mistakes, Spymode just and whatnot. Not very impressed to be honest :-/. I've seen better mass reseller attempts.

D

Dr.Remulak

I am waiting for my "sample" laser as Bob is a Chinese Wholesale site. You will see their lasers at many other dealer sites marked way way up! I am set up to buy wholesale from them and my first sample is the BGP-0016 150mw unit that comes with batteries and a charger. wholesale price---$139.00 and that includes shipping. Now mark that up 3-4 hundred percent like everyone else.... I may post my results after it arrives, but you can't judge these Chinese web sites by their composition. Many dealers buy wholesale from china. I may buy 5 of these for re-sale after evaluation. Watch for posts.

Dr.Remulak said:
I am waiting for my "sample" laser as Bob is a Chinese Wholesale site. You will see their lasers at many other dealer sites marked way way up!  I am set up to buy wholesale from them and my first sample is the BGP-0016 150mw unit that comes with batteries and a charger. wholesale price---$139.00 and that includes shipping.  Now mark that up 3-4 hundred percent like everyone else....  I may post my results after it arrives, but you can't judge these Chinese web sites by their composition.  Many dealers buy wholesale from china.   I may buy 5 of these for re-sale after evaluation.  Watch for posts.

Sorry man, but from the picture you can see its the same scam laser as the one sold by vavolo or whatevery theyre called that was criticized a while back for spewing IR. What I'm saying, if you just paid $139 for a low quality lasers that's likely putting out <20mW. Their notion of >350mW off a cingle CR123A is comical IMO.

That's the problem with Chinese and US wholesalers alike when they don't have any idea what they're dealing with, and really don't care either if they can make a few bucks in teh process.

I heavily disagree with your claims of a 3-4x markup and all. Especially as someone who sells the occasional laser myself I know I sure don't ask 3-4x markup! The likely ~20mW of green you just got could be obtained at a fraction of the $139 price you paid from a dealer. I hope you have a power meter and infrared filter to fully test the laser you just bought, and I hope, if the test results backup my claim, you will take the moral high route and not pass off that junk to other unsuspecting customers - a route unfortunately so seldom taken by companies who buy in quantity from wholesalers.