Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

happy with my DX200 green laser

Got my DX200 green laser in 4 days,to New Zealand, from DX, It's great and works well, and even burns at 5-6 feet away with ease, cannot complain, does the job it meant to do and well.

Compared to my 50mw pen laser, compairing the brightness the 200mW green is very much brighter and the beam is more readlly seen.

I feel it's well made and rugged looking. These are my first impressions, seems to burn really well.

Turns out a great laser just like the 200DX red is. Love them both, but my red won't burn now as i need 2 new CR2's, so getting a charger and 2 1000mah CR2 batteries.

Turns out the DX200 green laser is a better burner then the red DX200

yes it's an awesome laser. my KD 150mW focusable was almost equal in burning to my 283mW red. It's an awesome laser! but Mine had a problem with the button, it was faulty and wouldn't turn on after a day, so I had to return it, still waiting for the replacement.

Which dx200 green did you get? The pen style is notorious for being underpowered and unstable. Ifthat is in fact the one you have, you got very lucky, and congratulations for that:D. Enjoy your new greenie!

I have a KD150 pen-style. It has ben thru hell,lol. I have opened it up, replaced the switch, and beat the heck out of it. It still runs perfectly stable:D

o yeah he could have been talking about the Pen style greenie, I forgot about that, normally when someone says they got a GOOD 150mW green or 200mW green I just always assume it's the focusable laser.

mine was the 150mW focusable.

Cool! Good to see praise for a laser I am interested in... that is when I have the funds and the nuts to take the chance of the laser making it through customs.. :-/

how's your button? just barely gota press it and it turns on full power? or you have to press hard for full power? how about the blue LED light

When I turn on mine (the 50mW one) oh man that blue LED is bright. When I first heard reports of it being bright I thought, "meh, these guys are exaggerating" but holy hell that thing shines.

Bionic-Badger said:
When I turn on mine (the 50mW one) oh man that blue LED is bright.  When I first heard reports of it being bright I thought, "meh, these guys are exaggerating" but holy hell that thing shines.
so I take it you could close the shutter and press the button and use that as a flashlight?

My button is fine, no problems, and has been said the blue LED is very bright?

The only problem is, the laser won't do in the box when the battery is in, so either cannot use the box again, or disassemble it as it came to get back in the box.

A bit annoying, so wonder what people do, use the box or not?

Mine also burned things out of the box, and lite matches 6 or more feet away no problems.

Well worth the money and another winner from DX,  who said their lasers where rubbish?

There where doubts about the red DX200 burner but turned out a winner, so think the new green focusable burner is a winner also.

Who says you have to spend a lot of extra money to get a decent laser.

I think the 150mW baton style also turns out to be a great laser also. The red DX200mw focusable burner is also great, as i also have this model also and turns out also to be great burner.

Seems a lot of people put down DX, but not all their lasers are bad, seems they also have some good ones also.

denodan said:
My button is fine, no problems, and has been said the blue LED is very bright?

The only problem is, the laser won't do in the box when the battery is in, so either cannot use the box again, or disassemble it as it came to get back in the box.

A bit annoying, so wonder what people do, use the box or not?

Mine also burned things out of the box, and lite matches 6 or more feet away no problems.

Well worth the money and another winner from DX,  who said their lasers where rubbish?

There where doubts about the red DX200 burner but turned out a winner, so think the new green focusable burner is a winner also.

Who says you have to spend a lot of extra money to get a decent laser.

I think the 150mW baton style also turns out to be a great laser also. The red DX200mw focusable burner is also great, as i also have this model also and turns out also to be great burner.

Seems a lot of people put down DX, but not all their lasers are bad, seems they also have some good ones also.
lol no man you just got lucky. lots of people will say DX has good lasers, but just as many say they will have bad lasers. It's completely random, and since they get their lasers from multiple suppliers this is why there is no way of telling if the laser is good or not.

Again, mine had a problem with the button so im waiting for a replacement.

The DX 200mW red has no problems because a red laser is very basic, just the red laser diode. It cant mode hop, or dim. The only problem it could have is an already burned out diode, but they would probably already notice this and not send it out.