Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

handyLasers.com for PGL 589?

Hey guys,
So on my eternal quest for a 589 I found this website which at first glance looks very promising. yellow portable laser589C, orange handheld laser, yellow portable lasers

They are a reseller of CNI products and ship from within the USA. seems too good to be true but I emailed them yesterday and hope to hear back with a price for 80mW 589. I called the phone number this morning and it is no longer in service. Does anyone know anything about this company?

I Have also found GHlasers.com and their sister company http://www.lasercentury.com/product.asp?id=308
Both show the PGL-III-C 589's

Last edited:

gozert

I'm not sure about Handylasers, but you could try sending Ultralasers an email. Their site seems pretty up to date. Maybe they're willing to sell you a 80mW 589nm on request.

Ultralasers, Inc

I'm not sure about Handylasers, but you could try sending Ultralasers an email. Their site seems pretty up to date. Maybe they're willing to sell you a 80mW 589nm on request.

Ultralasers, Inc

Ultra won't ship to the USA as well as Laserglow. I also found another company named GHlasers. They have the PGL-III-C 589 as well. I sent them an email requesting price and if they ship here.
Found another on Aliexpress but it's $1250 for the 80mW or $960 for 50mW.

I've sent HandyLasers emails a couple times regarding their GLP pointers. I was told they don't sell them anymore & IIRC only sell lab lasers now.

Try giving them a call.

-Alex

Last edited:

gozert

Thanks Alex. Who is IIRC? One of the other companies I listed?
Have you heard of these guys, YT8D 589nm Yellow Laser Pointer Products - Laser Pointer|Laser pen Guang Heng

IIRC is an abbreviation for "If I remember correct". Not a company :)

Never heard of that company you linked. It seems Chinese though, and you'd probably be better off somehow getting it directly from CNI if you're getting it from China anyways. You live fairly close to the border of Canada right? Isn't it possible to let them ship it to Canada and for you to take a drive over there and pick up the laser? Or are we talking about hundreds of miles away?

Last edited:
IIRC is an abbreviation for "If I remember correct". Not a company :)

Never heard of that company you linked. It seems Chinese though, and you'd probably be better off somehow getting it directly from CNI if you're getting it from China anyways. You live fairly close to the border of Canada right? Isn't it possible to let them ship it to Canada and for you to take a drive over there and pick up the laser? Or are we talking about hundreds of miles away?

It's about 5 hours. Trust me I've been trying to do exactly that for quite sometime. I can't find anyone in BC Vancouver area willing to help me out. I can't just have something shipped to the post office it has to be addressed to a resident.
I'm running out of motivation so if these last companies can't sell me one I'm gonna call it quits. I tried. I probably could get a kilo of illegal drugs shipped to me easier than this damn yellow laser pointer, lol!

It's about 5 hours. Trust me I've been trying to do exactly that for quite sometime. I can't find anyone in BC Vancouver area willing to help me out. I can't just have something shipped to the post office it has to be addressed to a resident.
I'm running out of motivation so if these last companies can't sell me one I'm gonna call it quits. I tried. I probably could get a kilo of illegal drugs shipped to me easier than this damn yellow laser pointer, lol!

Gave Handy Lasers a call. They don't sell the PGL series anymore, only laboratory lasers so that one is a no go.

You said you had trouble with CNI responding to you about sending an empty PGL host. I might able to help you. For the last month I have been talking to one person at CNI & not the "Ava" chat things & she is pretty helpful. I can send her an e-mail asking for a quote for an empty PGL-III-C host if you would like? :)

-Alex

Gave Handy Lasers a call. They don't sell the PGL series anymore, only laboratory lasers so that one is a no go.

You said you had trouble with CNI responding to you about sending an empty PGL host. I might able to help you. For the last month I have been talking to one person at CNI & not the "Ava" chat things & she is pretty helpful. I can send her an e-mail asking for a quote for an empty PGL-III-C host if you would like? :)

-Alex

Thx bud for your help. Yang finally got back to me today with a price. 170$ for a blank host. So if I got the 50mW module and host that's still reasonable. I'm having some difficulty with language barrier determining what she means by empty shell no electronics. If you talk to your contact, maybe see what price she gives you and if someone bought a host would it pretty much be J.A.M., just add module? Or is it like no switch, no led, wiring, ext.
Thanks Alex

Last edited:

GR3EN

I recently inquired to ultralasers looking at the 593nm PGL and here was an email back from them.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your interest in our products, we really apprciate it.

Yes, we are an authorized distributor of CNI in North America, and we distribute all the CNI products (including those which were not listed on our website) .

All of the CNI lasers comply with US FDA standards so there is no problem for them to be shipped to USA.

I recently inquired to ultralasers looking at the 593nm PGL and here was an email back from them.

Wha! Really? Were you asking about <5mW lasers? They said they won't ship >5mW in the reply I got. Hmmm I'll write them again. Thanks for letting me know.

@nwfreefly

I think by bare host that means you'll get just that, the host nothing else. I saw GR3EN posted about UltraLasers being able to ship lasers over to the USA so I suggest you try them first(prices seem to be a little higher) & see if Class IIIa+ can be shipped!

If that dosen't work I'll give my contact a email :)

-Alex

Last edited:

GR3EN

I was inquiring about over 5mw yes. Whether or not they gave me the wrong information could be a different story as I did not continue to purchase due to lack of funds and a vacation coming up.

I list looked back through all my emails about 589, there were many, lol! I may have confused them with Laserglow but regardless Ultralasers doesn't have a 589 above 5mW nor in the PGL. I think this is why in my head ultra was a no go. It's weird that they have 593 PGL but not 589. I just sent them an email asking if I could special order one and explained the problem I'm having with CNI shipping here.
Thx guys for the help. This is getting ridiculous lol" what's a guy got to do to get a yellow PGL?

GR3EN

Well as much as they have a semi bad rep dragon lasers is always an option. My experience was good.

Well as much as they have a semi bad rep dragon lasers is always an option. My experience was good.

Yeah DL has good products but after how rude and condescending Adam was to myself and a few others I really, REALLY, don't want to give them my business. I haven't ever had a more un professional exchange with a sales rep in all my life.

Last edited: