Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Handheld LaserGun - Osram PLPM4L 90Watts

kcc

Although this laser gun has been done for a while, I didn't have time to make a video until recently.

(Remember to turn on English subtitles)

Biggest issue is a digital power driver that can output full watts of this laser array, I tried 4 different module until find this good one.
But had no luck with the lens, only found one that barely worked.

In the original plan, it was also planned to be mounted on a laser cutting machine.
PWM module is ready but due to laser spot is too large, I give up the plan.

Attachments

• laser_gun1.jpg
    laser_gun1.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 13
  • laser_gun2.jpg
    laser_gun2.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 13

julianthedragon

Impressive build, thanks for the English captions. The 3D printed part and the digital meters on it are awesome. The power to melt glass is terrifying. Do you have a link to or the name of the software you used to simulate the optics and choose the right lens combination?

Thanks for posting. Glad you put in the subtitles :D
I'm also curious what software you used for the simulation.

Those modules deffinitely put out a lot of power, to bad the beam quality leaves much to be desired. I assume the duty cyle is infinite and is mainly determined by the batteries?

kcc

Impressive build, thanks for the English captions. The 3D printed part and the digital meters on it are awesome. The power to melt glass is terrifying. Do you have a link to or the name of the software you used to simulate the optics and choose the right lens combination?
3D modeling is a fun process, I just learned it and this is my first work, really enjoyed the process.

Ray Optics Simulation:

ricktu288.github.io/ray-optics/​

This simulator is very easy to use and straightforward.

kcc

Thanks for posting. Glad you put in the subtitles :D
I'm also curious what software you used for the simulation.

Those modules deffinitely put out a lot of power, to bad the beam quality leaves much to be desired. I assume the duty cyle is infinite and is mainly determined by the batteries?
I do not have an oscilloscope to see the actual duty cycle.
But the digital boost module is able to setup how many amps of ouput constant current (and also voltage) I would like to use.
As long as my battery output power is sufficient.
I also stacked a digital ammeter to verify the output is accurate.

Last edited:
Good!

A new experimenter playing with high power MDP chip. I thought that this tradition has expired at LPF.
Me too doing 3 different "laser guns" and these take a lot of time to find right pieces and assemble.
One day I will post pictures.