Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Hacking with a laser

steve001

Shining lasers at voice assistants like Alexa and Siri, researchers from Michigan and Japan achieved a hack where lasers had the power of commands from the human voice. https://m.techxplore.com/news/2019-11-thief-garage-door.html

I'm going to annoy my co-workers, neighbors and such.

paul1598419

A couple of years ago my daughter gave me an Echo, which is what Amazon calls the hardware for Alexa. It was fun for a few months, but then I read that they listen in to your conversations and I put mine into storage that same day. It wasn't THAT much fun. :ROFLMAO:

Vision

A couple of years ago my daughter gave me an Echo, which is what Amazon calls the hardware for Alexa. It was fun for a few months, but then I read that they listen in to your conversations and I put mine into storage that same day. It wasn't THAT much fun. :ROFLMAO:
They have to. You need humans to physically separate and single out the difference between certain similar words. This will lead to a much better product. I don't really care at all but some people don't like that.

paul1598419

My point was they were listening in when I didn't use the Alexa app, so anytime they felt like listening in. That was the end for me.