Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GUIDE: Which company should I buy from?

GSS

Seeing that you received your order within 5 days i'm pretty sure its was shipped from one of their US based warehouse. To have to pay return shipping to China is a bit absurd to me, but being "laserpointerstore" is just a re seller, I don't know how it works.
Baring any issue's you might un intentialy caused I would think they should make good with you some way or another..

Last edited:

Wow, definitely have to say I'm thoroughly impressed by Laser Pointer Store's support so far. Yesterday I told them that the return shipping to China was not going to happen due to the high costs. I almost immediately received a response email stating that they agreed the shipping was excessive and that they were going to send a replacement unit from one of their US warehouses, along with a tracking number. Hopefully in a few days I'll receive a unit that doesn't give up the ghost in 10 minutes. Years of conditioning had me expecting the worst, LPS has definitely exceeded my expectations so far.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hopefully LPS will come up with an alternative to shipping back to China at those outrageous costs.
If it did ship from a US warehouse as GSS mentioned, there should be no reason to pay for shipping overseas.
This may be an instance where buying a fairly low priced item from some overseas sellers can bite you; they'll want to charge you as much, or more than the item costs just to return it, and they know nine times out of ten, you won't do it, and they're off the hook.

This is where buying from known reputable company pays off. Purchasing a laser from someone like Jetlasers with their outstanding customer service, or Sanwu/Podo who have many satisfied customers here at LPF have their advantages in a case like this! :)

That being said, LPS may step right up and address the problem, and make you a happy camper. It seems that LPS/Tommy has quite a few satisfied customers here also, so you may be taken care of.

Last edited:
What are the best stores for low powered lasers? I looked at the sites listed under good companies, and they seem geared towards the higher powered lasers and don't seem to list the laser's safety class either.

I have previously bought green lasers listed as class 2, 5mw, but I suspect that is not accurate as it is bright enough to see and follow the dot on sun lit grass. I mostly just want a laser that I can play with my dog and not have to worry about inadvertent eye injuries.

Encap

What are the best stores for low powered lasers? I looked at the sites listed under good companies, and they seem geared towards the higher powered lasers and don't seem to list the laser's safety class either.

I have previously bought green lasers listed as class 2, 5mw, but I suspect that is not accurate as it is bright enough to see and follow the dot on sun lit grass. I mostly just want a laser that I can play with my dog and not have to worry about inadvertent eye injuries.

There is no special low output laser shop because there is no money in selling them.
You Just have to search---there are expensive ones, professional quality pens and so on see: https://www.laserglow.com/GLY# Lyra < 1mW @ $60

Then get a 1mW to avoid ANY possibility damaging you dogs eyes--maybe a ball, Nylabone, or Frisbee would be better and cheaper

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
zolstarym, one other option would be Z-bolt, they sell some low power lasers.

May I suggest that you introduce yourself in the welcome section, you are likely to get more responses from members once you've done that. :)

Encap

zolstarym, one other option would be Z-bolt, they sell some low power lasers.

May I suggest that you introduce yourself in the welcome section, you are likely to get more responses from members once you've done that. :)

Yes Z-bolt has a good quality laser pens 1mW @ $58 - shipping is here: http://shop.z-bolt.com/Class-II-Green-Laser-Pointers--UK-Australia-EU-Approved_p_126.html

Ditto something about yourself in the Welcome subforum should come before posting question--please do same and indicate your location also

Last edited:

Gazen

Does anyone know anything about Laser Fanatics.
They are offering 593.5's and I don't want to list them as a source if not legit.

593.5nm Yellow Premium Laser Pointer <--Link

I don’t have any experience with them, but their 593.5nm description is the same I see copy and pasted on many websites.

This description:

“In a 593.5nm yellow pointer, there's a BIG infrared laser diode that generates laser light at 808nm, this is fired into a crystal containing the rare-earth element neodymium. This crystal takes the 808nm infrared laser light and lasers at 1,064 and 1,342nm (yes, deeper in the infrared!). This laser light comes out of the NdYV04 (neodymium yttrium vanadium oxide) crystal and is then shot into a second crystal (containing potassium, titanium, & phosphorus, usually called KTP) that roughly doubles the frequency to 593.5nm - the bright orangish yellow color you see. This light is then collimated (focused) by a lens and emerges out the laser's business end. Just before the lens, there's a filter that removes any stray IR (infrared) rays from the pump diode and the neodymium crystal. You don't want that stuff in your yellow beam, trust me. :)

Their 0.6-2mW is the same price as laserglow’s, so no point in getting that one from them, may as well go with laserglow since they have good customer service.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks, I won't suggest them as a source. A laserglow reseller it seems.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I have never heard of them before; as Gazen mentioned, their description of the 593.5nm is similar to many others offering the same unit.
They may be legit, but without any experience with them, it's hard to tell; their prices don't seem to be all that great either.

BTW, it's been a while since I've visited this thread, and I've noticed that we still have "LaserBTB", and Grix's "Bitlaser" listed as good quality laser sources, maybe time to delete them?

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I won't list any sources on that wavelength thread that could potentially be unsafe, so I'll leave them off. I'll reference companies like CNI, Dragon Lasers and Laserglow etc.
As for that thread, Sta isn't on as much atm. But it does need some updating. Something I wish this forum could do is allow a post to be edited by specific members. This way if the OP disappears , the thread can still be maintained by trusted members.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
That would be a really good idea, Curtis, I've seen many threads become outdated and pretty much meaningless after the OP has left LPF.
Maybe the mods could do it, or more likely, as you say, a trusted member could be allowed access and take over the thread.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The mods can edit any post they like, so could technically take over a thread. But it’s not like they don’t have enough to worry about.

Sta

That would be a really good idea, Curtis, I've seen many threads become outdated and pretty much meaningless after the OP has left LPF.
Maybe the mods could do it, or more likely, as you say, a trusted member could be allowed access and take over the thread.

I can edit it later if somebody reminds me.