Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Group buy feeler for a Wicked CORE (withdrawn)

S

SenKat

Just want to gauge the interest level for a GB for the CORE laser from Wicked. If there is enough interest, I;ll organize a GB and see what kinda discount we can get. Don't post that you are in if you think things may change - once I get a decent number together, we'll see what the pricing would be like, then adding shipping, etc.
As an FYI, here is the price breakdown for the core :

Bulk Pricing
10-24: $32.00 per unit
25-49: $30.00 per unit
50-99: $28.00 per unit
100+: $25.00 per unit

For shipping, they offer this :

Inside the United States:
1) USPS Priority Mail: $5.00 for the first item plus $2.00 for each additional item. The average shipping time isbetween 2 to 3 days.

So - if we get 25 folks (or 25 lasers) interested, we could lower the price down to : $38.77 shipped. Hmmm - seems like an aweful lot of trouble :( I guess it would not be a huge savings, because by the time you add in the 5% for paypal, plus the $4.80 for domestic USPS Priority shipping, it wouldn't really make that much of a difference. CRUD I thought I was on to something ! Oh well - scratch this idea !

lol good call senkat
too much of a hassle for no savings

unless we can get 100+ units..

If I can get some interest together I could offer WL Cores shipped in the US for a flat $32 paypal. Not a huge discount, but its still a nice chunk off WLs $40 shipped. I'd want at least ~25 people for that though.

S

SenKat

pseudonomen137 said:
If I can get some interest together I could offer WL Cores shipped in the US for a flat $32 paypal. Not a huge discount, but its still a nice chunk off WLs $40 shipped. I'd want at least ~25 people for that though.

So - would YOU be responsible for warranty issues, or Wicked ? JUST checking, before someone else asks you :)

No idea, haven't claarified that yet (wasn't actually planning on ordering any, but I will if enough people are interested). I don't really expect many RMA requests on Cores, but I believe that would be handled through WL. If not, I would handle it.

pseudonomen137 said:

that's only for US right

me_too_lazy said:
[quote author=pseudonomen137 link=1180517836/0#2 date=1180533160]If I can get some interest together I could offer WL Cores shipped in the US for a flat $32 paypal. Not a huge discount, but its still a nice chunk off WLs $40 shipped. I'd want at least ~25 people for that though.

that's only for US right[/quote]

Yeah, for foreign the extra cost would be for shipping. Not sure how much that would run for el cheapo shipping, but it may kill the deal if you're outside the US.