Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Group Buy Diode Pin-outs !

S

SenKat

Guys (and gals) here is the pin out info for the GB diodes...I thought there was a thread on here about it -

* <---------Negative leg (grounded to the case)

Positive leg------->* * <------PD - no connection, to be safe, cut this leg 2mm from base....

Now, the above CRUDE diagram shows the diode, pins facing you, with the grounded pin (the one that looks like it is part of the housing) facing up - and the other two legs (with the little black circle around them at the base) are facing down :)

So you can cut off the PD leg 2mm from the base.. why can't you just cut it off completely? :-/ Also is there a danger to the diode if this pin comes into contact with the positive or negative?

Thanks

chimo

In this case, you can. It is not connected internally because there is no PD. However, don't do it with non-group buy diodes.

trist-10 said:
So you can cut off the PD leg 2mm from the base.. why can't you just cut it off completely?  :-/ Also is there a danger to the diode if this pin comes into contact with the positive or negative?

Thanks

Skram0

Here's a pic of the diode (to show off my macro abilities) :cool:

Attachments

• GB_Diode01.jpg
    GB_Diode01.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 166

naplam

Also bear in mind the other pin (supposed to be the PD pin) is disconnected. I was puzzled (actually tried to use it) until I saw some photos posted here in the forum of the open diode (it has no pd! :-/ )