Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings from Virginia~

Trevor

Hey all.

I'm from Richmond, but right now I'm living in Blacksburg going to Virginia Tech.

I lurked here unregistered for quite a while, and now I've lurked here registered for a while too. Thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself.

I've always been fascinated by Physics (NdFeB magnets, anyone?), and I became interested in laser (like a bunch of other people probably) when I saw that horribly-unsafe-DVD-burning-laser-Maglite ("Ooh, flashlight." Zap! ). From there I found dragonlasers, and nearly fell for the unfair marketing they do on youtube. Eventually I landed here and took everyone's collective advice and picked up an Optotronics 150mW, measuring in at 155mW.

I'm studying Business Information Technology and minoring in Computer Science. I'm an avid reverse engineer - not in terms of cracking software for piracy, but for creating addons for MMORPG servers without having original source code. I do this with C++ and assembly code. I also work frequently with PHP, (and in doing so, HTML and Javascript), Java, and C#, and play with FORTRAN or COBOL (I've got my dad's old books) if I get bored of another language - though that rarely happens.

I'm also a musician, but at this point I've told something tantamount to my life story, so I'll shut up.

Trevor

Krutz

hi trevor,

welcome onboard!
magnets? i just ordered more, some days ago! :)
wow, now that are old-school programming languages.. i thought learning c in university was outdated, but you.. wow! :p

enjoy your time!

manuel

Welcome to the forum. I am a newcomer, myself.(3 weeks) I have learned so much. And still haven't read 95% of the posts.LOL

Oh my god. I live in Yorktown, Va. My sister attends Virginia Tech, and I also plan to attend there, as the engineering is MOST excellent.(currently a junior in high school) Great to see a laser enthusiast so close. Yes, physics is agreeably one of my strong subjects, along with math.

By the time I attend Tech you will either be a Senior or Junior there ;)

Trevor

I'm a freshman right now, doing BIT. There's another laser enthusiast here who's in Richmond too... though I forget their username. I dropped them a PM and they never replied. :p

Let me know when you're up at Tech! :)

-Trevor

Trevor your killin me.

1. I actually decided to read the rest of your post this time, when I noticed you traversing the subject of "java code" and "mmorpg". I am just about to start up a MMorpg server, when my exams this week are over. I have the webhosting, and vbulletin forums up, and vps soon ready to be purchased. I do have a friend (my age) who is very apt at java code, but if your willing to help also, the site can be found here "www.runelegacy.com" 28 users strong, and I do not even have a server yet ^_^

2. My first strong greenie was the 150mw optotronics, I noticed your sig.

3. I play the trumpet in symphonic band at my school, no musical genious, but I am somewhat able.

Just curious! If you are interested, that would be crazy cool. Im not asking you to devote yourself, even 1 hour a month would be appreciated, as I do have my other friend who is devoted. If you are, just sign up on the site and I will crown you a developer ;) The work would be relatively easy compared to what you were discussing earlier in your first post, as the source would already be at hand.

Later!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

hay I'm from Richmond
It seems there are lots of laser collectors in Virgina