Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Greetings from Norway

Kakcoo

Hello. This is my 51st post here, so I guess I'm here to stay (at least for a good while.) It's about time to introduce myself.

My name is Alex. I'm 21 years old (and counting) and I live in Norway (Bergen atm). My interests reaches from graphic design, to how the brain works. I guess lasers lay somewhere in between. ;)

I got "in to" lasers instantly when I saw a laserpointer with my own eyes for the first time. I was about 9 or 10 back then. I bought my first underspeq 1mW red for ≈$45. I think it had some kind of malfunction. It was barely visible in a lit room, and not nearly as bright as the others I had seen.
When I was briefing with my new laser before my mom, grandmother and uncle, a nother, much brighter dot took apearance on the wall. I was stunned by the awesome intensity of the <5mW of pure red; a laser my uncle bought via his job. My dear uncle bought me my second laser after I helped him and my ant in their garden (after a lot of nagging). My dad told me about how there suddenly would be a next "big thing" of my interests, and that lasers was a waste of money. He's alot more humble now, when I let him shine my greenie across fjords and up on top of big mountains. :p

I hope I get to know you guys better, and thank you for being such a wonderful resource for my hobby. Maybe I'll get the chance to contribute back to the community (other than in form of donations) in some way or another in the future. :beer:

lasersbee

to the Forum...

You seem to have an idea of what a Forum Community is all about...

There ia a wealth of Laser related info here... all you need to do to
access it is... Read.... Read.... and Read some more...

Contrary to what some members may say... using the [Search] button
will allow you to access the tons of Laser Related information on the
Forum.

Enjoy the Forum....

Jerry

Jaseth

Welcome to a great hobby and brilliant obsession :D
Velkommen!

Silvershot, the Norse Mythology god with a hammer is called Thor. The God of gods (and God of Death) is Odin.

Seb

Welcome to a great hobby and brilliant obsession :D
Velkommen!

Silvershot, the Norse Mythology god with a hammer is called Thor. The God of gods (and God of Death) is Odin.

Seb
I thought there was somebody called Loc too.

Jaseth

I guess you are talking about Loke, but he is actually a Jætte (which is bacially a troll, the gods' enemies). However, he is also in contact with the gods a lot. He is the father of the three huge monsters who are going to play a large role in killing the gods on doomsday (a giant wolf, a huge sea worm which reaches around the world, and the female leader of a place which is basically.. Norse hell.)
He is not all evil, but in general he is known for trickery and being a deceitful fellow.
After he is responsible for the death of one of the gods, they hunt him down and tie him up in a cave where poison drips from a snake onto his head and causes great pain.
Did I mention he is also the father of a couple of other people/things, including Odin's 8-legged horse? True story.

Seb