Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings from Italy

Hi, I'm Lorenzo, a 26 years old guy from Potenza, south of Italy ;)
I've arrived here thanks to a fellow flashaholic (dr_lava) and I've been only lurking for some time now ::)
This is my LPs collection:
650nm 5mw lr44 keychain (not in the photo), my first pointer ever, paid 100'000 Italian Liras 12 years ago :eek:
650nm 200mw focusable (not in the photo), just shipped from DX ;D
660nm 250mw in a Pelican 1030
From top to bottom in the Pelican 1150
532nm 2mw 2xAAA, paid €75 for a stated 20mw output :mad:
WL Core, I know you don't like WL but it's the brightest 5mw I've seen so far
WL Nexus, it was my first burning laser
KD 532nm 50mw, I've been owning it for a few days but I can surely say it's pretty unstable
...under the foam in the same 1150.... a Spyder II GX

Attachments

• z.JPG
    z.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 70

hey kerberos,

I just came back from Rome a week ago... lovely place but unfortunately someone nicked my wallet and I lost my whole life with it :( Some of the items in tehre I can't replace and there was a load of cash too :(

Ohh well, other than that Italy's a very nice and romantic place.

I'm really sorry for what's happened to you, the worst thing is that you can't carry a concealed weapon here (not only a gun but even a taser) so you have to surrender immediately to a burglar if you don't wanna die :(

but I noticed every security personnel... even the guards on the Metro carries a handgun. Here in the UK even police officers are un armed with guns.

cyclonite said:
in the UK even police officers are un armed with guns.
I thought you were from the US....really in the UK they don't carry guns? I believed that all LEOs there carried not only a gun but also an OTV :-[

yeah in the UK they don't carry guns. reason being, once the cops start carrying guns the bad guys will do the same too and someone will get hurt.

of course there are few cops with guns especially those patroling the parliament areas, providing secret service, etc. etc.

what's an OTV?

hmm in this part of the world when should we set our clocks to DST on? saturday or sunday? thx.

lam3

Here, in Europe, you should've adjusted the time at... I think 1 AM in the U.K., Sunday morning.

did you buy the red laser from the optotronics sale? and whats you're avatar from, cause i know i've seen the movie, but i cant remember teh name

Welcome to the forum. I'm half-Italian, but betrayed my heritage and bleached my hair blonde. I also shame my family by not bothering to learn a word of Italiano. I'm sure we're going to be great buddies. ;D

kerberos said:
I'm really sorry for what's happened to you, the worst thing is that you can't carry a concealed weapon here (not only a gun but even a taser) so you have to surrender immediately to a burglar if you don't wanna die :(

Lulz get a dual-use gadget, such as a knife-lighter. If you're caught with it just say it's a lighter and light it, they won't question you further. If you are confronted slip out the knife (which you have obviously sharpened because DX doesn't have fantastic quality) and get slicing. It's a butane lighter too, which raaaawwwwkkkks.

Hi from nort Italy (Lombardy) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

kerberos said:

If a weaponed burglar would try to break into my home, he'll find my Colt .45 meeting him (hoping it will never happen). If you need something to defend yourself while walking around, now you are allowed to buy a spray pepper-fog bottle.
Anyway, it's better to speak about lasers, I just ordered the DX 200 mW red one....(hei Kerberos, congratulations for your collection).