Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings from Italy

Hi guys,

I'm nearly 26 years old and it's been like 10 years that I'm really interested in your world, many years ago I bought my first laser from wicked laser but it was confiscated by customs :banned:

Because of this bad experience I lost my interest..

After reading much about lasers I made a choice and I ordered a 1w 520nm Spiker Series laser from Sanwu. I got few lasers in the past, some cheap ebay lasers 532nm 50\100 mw I believe, I didn't have a LPM.

Of course I bought some safety glasses, an eagle pair and a cheap LPM.

I hope I'll feel good here..

Just a simple question I got a laser from banggood 532nm the host looks like a machine gun (U'King ZQ-12L), I used it with my 18650 and it worked fine but when I tryed it with 2 16340 (the batteries in the case that I got from them) the laser died, I'm not sure if that is the reason.

Banggood will send me another laser, but I'll keep this host and I wonder if anyone got a tutorial to how disassemble this, because maybe I can use the host for another diode, I never did a laser from myself but maybe with a tutorial I can do it..

Thank you for reading :thanks:

GSS

Sometimes suppliers don't ship the proper batterys and proper info.
Unless i'm wrong all 532's "except maby the 800mw to 1000mw"? only need 3.7V to 4.2V and will not recover if even the proper battery was put in backwoods..
As far as your Gattling gun type, no one really tries to rebuild them as they are cheaply mass produced, have cheaper drivers, etc.. and tend to have lots of glue inside.
Not saying you can't try or do it but it will probably cost more than it's worth.

Gazen

Welcome!

Some sellers have been known to ship with the wrong batteries, which will provide too high a voltage for the driver, the driver is probably dead.

Glad you have safety glasses, make sure you use them

Stay safe!

Thank you guys for your answers,

I wonder if anyone knows the lifespan of a NDG7475 520nm diode considering It’s built in the spiker laser from sanwu.

Encap

Hi guys,

I'm nearly 26 years old and it's been like 10 years that I'm really interested in your world, many years ago I bought my first laser from wicked laser but it was confiscated by customs :banned:

Because of this bad experience I lost my interest..

Just a simple question I got a laser from banggood 532nm the host looks like a machine gun (U'King ZQ-12L), I used it with my 18650 and it worked fine but when I tryed it with 2 16340 (the batteries in the case that I got from them) the laser died, I'm not sure if that is the reason.

:

Welcome and enjoy the forum.

Doesn't make much sense/ring true the wicked lasers part nor the uking par but if you say so --
Wicked Lasers always guaranteed delivery and if a laser was seized by customs they would always send another until you received what you paid for so...?

See about the bangood UKing below

IN any case have fun be safe---safety comes first.

PS Lifespan of the green doide is 10,000 hours if used at rated specs --see: http://optlasers.com/old_shop/en/laser-diodes/122-ndg7475-520nm-1w-laser-diode.html

Sometimes suppliers don't ship the proper batterys and proper info.
Unless i'm wrong all 532's "except maby the 800mw to 1000mw"? only need 3.7V to 4.2V and will not recover if even the proper battery was put in backwoods..
As far as your Gattling gun type, no one really tries to rebuild them as they are cheaply mass produced, have cheaper drivers, etc.. and tend to have lots of glue inside.
Not saying you can't try or do it but it will probably cost more than it's worth.

The model he is talking ZQ-12L about shows 1 X 18650 in the specs anywhere they appear and in the "package includes" https://www.banggood.com/UKing-ZQ-12L-532nm-Green-Light-Power-Beam-Cigarette-Burning-Laser-Pointer-Pen-Suit-p-1052088.html?ID=521348&cur_warehouse=CN it does show one picture of the case with 2X 16340 which is from the 445nm blue model which takes 2 X 16340 here: https://www.banggood.com/UKing-ZQ-12B-445nm-Blue-Light-Power-Beam-Burning-Laser-Pointer-Pen-Suit-p-1051377.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts__2&cur_warehouse=CN

Make you wonder if he bought the picture or the product?

Last edited:

GSS

Welcome and enjoy the forum.

Doesn't make much sense/ring true the wicked lasers part nor the uking par but if you say so --
Wicked Lasers always guaranteed delivery and if a laser was seized by customs they would always send another until you received what you paid for so...?

See about the bangood UKing below

IN any case have fun be safe---safety comes first.

The model he is talking ZQ-12L about shows 1 X 18650 in the specs and in the "package includes" eveywhere https://www.banggood.com/UKing-ZQ-12L-532nm-Green-Light-Power-Beam-Cigarette-Burning-Laser-Pointer-Pen-Suit-p-1052088.html?ID=521348&cur_warehouse=CN it does show one picture of the case with 2X 16340 which is from the 445nm blue model which takes 2 X 16340 here: https://www.banggood.com/UKing-ZQ-12B-445nm-Blue-Light-Power-Beam-Burning-Laser-Pointer-Pen-Suit-p-1051377.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts__2&cur_warehouse=CN

Make you wonder if he bought the picture or the product?
So he got the 2 16340's? as he said?:thinking:
Bangwood was right in sending him a replacement then I would think..

Encap

So he got the 2 16340's? as he said?:thinking:
Bangwood was right in sending him a replacement then I would think..

Who knows--could be true? It was damaged by misuse so...

Not much of the post makes real world sense- sounds like constructed make believe but could be a language/translation related as well.

PS if it came with 2X 16340 why would he first try 1X18650 which it didn't come with and is what is takes and works with according to the specs and then ruin it with 2X 16350? Not too bright an idea--right? :crackup:
If bangood or Uking shipped all of those with 2 X 16340 which would ruin/burn up the driver on all of them how long would it be until they knew and fixed the problam shipping 1 X 18650 instead?

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

GSS

Maybe -- who knows?

Not much of the post makes real world sense- sounds like constructed make believe but could be a language/translation related as well.

PS if it came with 2X 16340 why would he first try 1X18650 which it didn't come with is what is takes and works with then ruin it with 2X 16350? Not too bright and idea--right? :crackup:
:crackup::thinking:
Hostile A, I am now wicked curious to what battery's came with the Bangwood laser and did they include any info other than the website??

Ok guys I will explain better but you already got it.
First of all when I bought the wicked laser I got a notification by the customs that the laser was dangerous and without CE certificate.

I’m telling this story because it really happened to me but I was very young like 15 years old and if I remember right I didn’t even report the issue to the company (wicked laser). Because my parents were scared about the device and I think I letted it pass.

About the banggood story, I used the laser with MY 18650, I have many of these in my house because I vape and those kind of electronic cigarettes use 18650.

So the website says it works with 18650 but the package comes with 2x 16340!
I know it sounds stupid but Since I got those batteries with the laser that I bought why don’t use

By the way banggood already sent another unit with same specs that I’m waiting for it.

That’s all, sorry If I didn’t explain everything well but English is not my first language

GSS

Your not stupid, it could happen to anyone new especially if it came with the 2 16340's..:)
Alot of company's big chain like ebay store's do that..

Last edited:
Thank you guys it’s a pleasure for me after all the readings.

Not gonna lie.. It’s been years for me lurking really I hope you’re having a nice day. I’m a fan of this forum :D

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum Hostile Alien. :beer: Please don't harm us with your giant space lasers. :bowdown:
Enjoy your stay. :D

Encap

Thank you guys it’s a pleasure for me after all the readings.

Not gonna lie.. It’s been years for me lurking really I hope you’re having a nice day. I’m a fan of this forum :D

Thanks for explaining. Stick with the 18650 that's is what the UKing 532nm takes.

Good luck --- lasers are a great hobby.

You can learn a lot just using the LPF custom search at the bottom of the page .

If you get stuck don't hesitate to ask--post a question.

Last edited: