Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings AND HELP at the same time :p

Hello all,

I am obviously new to this forum, and the entire laser community for that matter, so I wanted to say hello. I am also in toledo, ohio and looking for someone within about an hour drive that may be willing to work with me on my first home made laser. I am the type of individual that learns by hands on experience more than I can through reading. I have been doing research for the past few weeks so I know a lot of the basics. But before I start browsing around trying to purchase stuff online I would like the chance to possibly give money to someone that knows what to order and have them work with me on the project. I am very good at soldering and working with electronics so the actual assembly should NOT be an issue. Understanding the different current ratings, the wattage and mA and so on, that is what Id like to actually talk with someone about. Even if it was over the phone. I find myself getting lost in these forums. Please email or pm me if you would be willing to help me out or possibly meet up and work on something together. My schedule is pretty open as of right now so anytime would be great. Thanks for reading and I appreciate the help!

Sincerely,
David

Well i live in MI in Detroit, not super close but not bad.
But i think if you want i have skype and a web cam i can show you what to do and if you have a web cab or borrow one i can also help via it as well.

Id be willing to drive to detroit. Only like an hour for me. If you could get what was necessary and I could bring you the money that would be awesome. Ill give you my phone number if you want to discuss it like that. I honestly want to build a nice green, violet, or blue 445nm for my first. But since they all consist of pretty much the same parts I could learn on anything and take that knowledge and apply it to my future projects. Just let me know what would be best for you! Thanks:D

Well building a green is a bit different you kinda just buy it and make a host.
But for red blu and 445 are different you have to have a few things i will have some reds and a blu and a 445 on hand several of each.
But i will only have one green and it should be in my scanner.
Please if you want to build something try to get a list.

If youd be willing to let me pay you for the parts and a little extra for your time, Id build whatever you have available to me. I dont want you to go out of your way for anything, but your time and knowledge would be priceless to me. I am extremely interested in building a powerful blue laser especially after these huge group buys and the easy access to the 445 casios. If you have one of those we could build I would be ecstatic. If time permitted I would most certainly like to build a red that was capable of burning also but of course the blue is #1 to me. But by all means you are the one with the components and it's totally up to you as far as what youll let me purchase and build. I will warn you that I will ask quite a few questions but the knowledge and experience is the most valuable part of this whole thing. Please let me know when and where you would like to do this if at all and I will be there!! Thank you yet again!!

Im just trying to get the basics down, learn where to get components the easiest, and have the ability to come home and feel comfortable building these on my own and continually getting better. I am very good with basic electrical principals and working with small electronics so teaching me will not be difficult. I dont want you to think youd have to teach me EVERYTHING, just the specifics behind the lasers and how the "drivers" and that sort of thing work. I am excited to think that it may be possible that someone lives relatively close to me that would be able to teach me!! I will be free all week so let me know if there is a good day this week that youd like to share your knowledge and skills with someone!

Well it sound like you are after a 445nm laser as your first.
so to build one the main basics are:
445nm laser 40.00$
aixiz module 3.00$
Lm317 2.29$
Resistors 1.00$
445nm glass lens 10.00$
Aluminum heatsink 5-10$ (i dont have a lathe yet but soon i will so for now they are square.)
61.29-66.29$ in material.
Now you still need a host and a power source i use 9 volts but there are many ways to go. if you bring your own host we can see if we can make it work.
If you are good at electronics i have been looking for someone to design a pcb board for me i have the schematic i just need someone to lay it out as small as possible.

I do not have what is necessary to lay out pcb's sadly or I would give you the service for free. I just pm'd pyro about one of his tank hosts and asked if he has all the components. If I will need batteries I was considering ordering 2 of the rechargable 18650>>i think at 2800mah from a battery website. Not sure about the charger for them yet, but I will see what pyro says about the tank host and we can go from there. I most certainly have the funds necessary and hopefully can get something going here reasonably soon!! Thank you AGAIN for being so helpful!! I added to your rep!

P.S. My mother is actually an electrical engineer that may have a friend who can do the pcb work for me, well you lol.. I will ask her tomorrow if she knows anyone that can do that sort of work!