Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

greenie recommendations please

Coonie

I don't mind.

I know how it is. People on forums are so used to trolls and lazy people that they don't expect it when someone with legit questions and no time asks for help.

Between the kids and the job I have to try and pack about 30 hours of work into a day. (I get 6 hours of sleep on a good day.) I have not been able to play video games or watch TV and movies in over 2 years.

Wow props for being a great dad and provider for your family. I don't think it's lazy to not want to disclose personal information so if you get pressured into it again just keep ignoring it. Hope you get more personal time soon. You definitely will when the kids get older.

GSS

Wow props for being a great dad and provider for your family. I don't think it's lazy to not want to disclose personal information so if you get pressured into it again just keep ignoring it. Hope you get more personal time soon. You definitely will when the kids get older.
Hey Coonie, most just wan't to know if new members are US based as it makes a BIG difference with what they can recommend and the laws..
It seems you advanced to advice giving quite quickly:rolleyes:
Smallmedpac, you should maby think of "keep ignoring" this Coonie;) Did you see him helping you any??:whistle:

Last edited:
Hey Coonie, most just wan't to know if new members are US based as it makes a BIG difference with what they can recommend and the laws..
It seems you advanced to advice giving quite quickly
Smallmedpac, you should maby think of "ignoring" this Coonie Did you see him helping you any??

Signs of "Deja Vue"....:thinking:

Gee... Where did you see that asked....

FYI... "Global location" is as simple as a Country.
It does not require street address or shoe size.

Nothing like exaggeration... :whistle:

Jerry

Last edited:
Laserbee heads up, that's an absolutely stupid reason to neg someone. Just because someone didn't make their first thread a welcome post does not give you a valid reason to hand one out. I suggest you rethink how you hand out negs because undeserving members are being affected for this. The rep system is designed to catch out scammers and bad members by the amount of negative points they have, not to catch out members who don't do welcome posts first.

Anyways, I'll back Sanwu also. He's extremely reputable and has beautiful hosts, nothing like the cheap ebay ones. I've also heard that his GQ is great too, so you shouldn't get a broken laser delivered to your door. I bet you'll have a great laser if you buy it from him!

Also, we have an unofficial discord if you need quick short replies to future questions. Most of the older members have joined so there's that.

I hope to see you more on the forums!

-Dreadnought
Hmmmm... Your First Post in 16 months...
PM sent.....

BTW...I don't understand what this means... :thinking:

Jerry

Last edited:
Hmmmm... Your First Post in 16 months...
PM sent.....

And how is that relevant to my reply? I prefer to lurk the forums more than I like to post but I am still pretty active with the members here. There was no reason to put this here apart from point scoring. Anyways I'm willing to drop this sentence :p

BTW...I don't understand what this means... :thinking:

That we have an unofficial discord that he can go ask questions on quickly since he's a person who does not have a lot of time on his hands. Discord is a far quicker method to get a reply to a question than the forums IMO. I just thought it would be a useful way for him to get more help on this topic.

Last edited:

Encap

OK thanks for all of the info. You guys are the best.
I might pick up a couple of the cheap ones and one of the good one and then just compare.

I remember 10 years ago the thing you can test laser power with (thermopile?) was like $500. These didn't come down drastically in price over the years did they?

It would be cool if there was one available for hobbyists around $100...

If you ever want an actually excellent quality 532nm laser that has an IR filter built in and doesn't leak IR like the cheap lowest end mass produced 532nm lasers do--go with JetLasers.
See: JetLasers https://www.jetlasers.org/38-green-lasers

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
^^^^^ You won't go wrong with that advice! ^^^^^ :yh:

Last edited:

Coonie

It seems you advanced to advice giving quite quickly:rolleyes:
Smallmedpac, you should maby think of "keep ignoring" this Coonie;) Did you see him helping you any??:whistle:

I can see that would only be relevent when necessary and when that time comes then ask it.
Sure ignore me, your right to do so. I think he's doing a great job at taking care of his kids.

Gee... Where did you see that asked....

FYI... "Global location" is as simple as a Country.
It does not require street address or shoe size.
Jerry

Everywhere.
Sure if the people feel like it then fine but right to privacy is a right. All I'm saying.
The old saying goes: You can catch more flies with honey.

Last edited:
I guess I want to know if the OP is looking to buy a laser as opposed to maybe several over a period of time. You are obviously interested in a green wavelength. Since you know so little about the subject, why not get a cheap eBay 303 pointer for $8.00. They tend to put out ~80 mW of optical power. You can use this as you experiment with it and consider paying more money for a different laser. These 303s have great beam specs when compared with direct diode lasers.

You will know more about lasers in general after this nominal purchase and will be, hopefully, better informed to make a decision about a more expensive laser later.

GSS

I can see that would only be relevent when necessary and when that time comes then ask it.
Sure ignore me, your right to do so. I think he's doing a great job at taking care of his kids.

Everywhere.
Sure if the people feel like it then fine but right to privacy is a right. All I'm saying.
The old saying goes: You can catch more flies with honey.
When what time come's??
After he orders something and it get's nailed by customs??
After he pays 100 times the price from a garbage company??
Everyone is suppose to magicly come up with ideas to steer him right with no clue??
We asked for a general location, not his ATM card and pin number..
You got neg repped once and it was quickly put back to the green and still have a grudge. A few members also helped you the best they could..
Yes he seems to be doing a fine job as a provider and father, kudos to smallmedpac but it doesn't have anything to do with any of this. It also seems he is ok with it all..
You have seen many of intro's and the same questions asked..Why is this one so important to you?:undecided:
When I joined about 3 years ago I git the same exact treatment and questions..
Not at all saying to bow down, but catching fly's with honey usually goes both ways.

Last edited: