Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

green modules

for my next project i plan to put a bluray and a green in a project box. Where can i find a cheap green module?

i want a bit more power than 5mw, so the dx one is out.

could i take apart a dx 30mw laser, and use the inners from that?

Pointer lasers are not really designed for 100% runtime even with heatsinking. However I may be able to get you something you like. PM if interested. Though, DX have another green module around 30mw I think...

Benm

robjdixon said:
could i take apart a dx 30mw laser, and use the inners from that?

You could, it's not that hard to remove the actual laser module from these pointers at all.

For continous operation you'd need to provide decent heatsinking though, and a good power source (constant voltage around 3.0v would work if you keep the existing driver board, making your own driver would be better). Note that the module has positive voltage on the housing, so you cannot just bolt it down onto a grounded case without precautions.

how easy would it be to put a different switch in it?
i was looking at reed switches.

Benm

Not too difficult, the existing switch can be desoldered with some soldering experience, and there probably is room for a (really small) read switch which you can connect with wires.