Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green Laser power vs. Blue laser power.

norbyx

I have a question, Why is it that blue lasers seem to be the most powerfull lasers and greens and reds fall way bahind?
Isn't there 2 or 3 Watts green lasers?

I have a question, Why is it that blue lasers seem to be the most powerfull lasers and greens and reds fall way bahind?

Money. Its easier, and cheaper to create high power blues than high power greens or reds. So naturally you'll see more high power blues than anything else.

It's about commercialization. Blues were some of the most expensive, then the brand we shall not name came out with projectors using 24 blue diodes.
But after reading, I see I didn't really answer your question.

You can get all powers in most colors.... Money is the key factor, in which case I revert you to my opening paragraph.

Michael.

norbyx

Oh well it really doesn't matter much, I just like the green a bit better because it is more visible in daylight, other than that any laser will do the trick. Now I have a red low power, a green medium power and will soon have a high power blue. Than we shall see what else can I get my hands on.