Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green laser pointer

Actually, lge-tech.com seems to be a new alternate domain they added recently. I think the main company domain is the slightly less Western-sounding luguang.cn. That one has been around for 3 years, according to the web archive, and a google search of it is much more productive.

Pointer arrived today; first impressions.

My LGE laser pointer got held up in customs last week. :-[ After a conversation with UPS, I completed and faxed in FDA form 2877, and they sent it on through. The laser has all FDA safety requirements for a III-b laser (e.g. key, shutter, switch, indicator light), and LGE guaranteed me that the power after adding the IR filter would be at least somewhere between 230 and 270 mW. Total price, with shipping, $630. Came with a pair of keys, a Li ion cell, a charger, and a pair of red goggles.

I don't have a power meter yet, so I can't provide any objective data yet. But the beam hurts my hand in about 2 seconds, and black leather smokes instantly. Wearing the 532nm safety goggles, only a tiny, dim yellow dot is visible across the room, but without them, it lights things up like a halogen lamp. Outside, at night, it's breathtakingly beautiful.

I had a 5mW several years ago, but this is my first high-powered laser. It's simply....astonishing....to hold that much power in one's hand. I'll post some photos in a few days. One thing is clear, though. If I get into a tight spot in some odd corner of the world and need people to know where I am, they will. Unbelievable. :cool: