Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

green laser  power shortage

i just recieved a laser, pen type, advertised on ebay as 150mw from vendor called lemonmuncha in united kingdom. paid $220 a good deal if laser was as advertised. measured at 72mw at best. beware cheap lasers.

S

SenKat

Re: green laser  power shortage

How did you measure the power output ? I would like to measure my fleabay purchases as well :cool:

T

timelord

randall158 said:
i just recieved a laser, pen type, advertised on ebay as 150mw from vendor called lemonmuncha in united kingdom. paid $220 a good deal if laser was as advertised. measured at 72mw at best. beware cheap lasers.

Sounds like you have an underpowered phoenix type or an overpowered 55mw.
Do you have any pics for us to see??

i used benchmark of three lasers 1 areis 200, 2 hercules 300 and3 150 pen laser . the laserglow lasers came with mw measurements and the other 150 fits the objective power curve that i see. based on the brightness and quality of these known units i made what i believe to be a reasonable mw measurement on the ebay model

NairB

EBay lasers dont have IR filters and give false higher readings etc......beware the dreaded ebay flaser :mad:

i just recieved the results from justin hasaki at LASERGLOW and they confirmed that the mw output of this ebay laser advertised at 150 to be just under 30mw. people do not waste your tme with ebay lasers as it is to much or a crap shoot. there are plenty of reputable dealers mentioned in this forum that deliver what they claim. now pay pal wants me to send laser back to vendor for the refund which may not be in full.

S

SenKat

Which vendor on Ebay did you deal with ??

lemonmuncha who is no longer a registered user on ebay. he emerged on this forum as Wallboy trying to sell his lasers hear. pay pal address for his payments was called security sprays and he is located in uk.

S

SenKat

randall158 said:
lemonmuncha who is no longer a registered user on ebay. he emerged on this forum as Wallboy trying to sell his lasers hear.  pay pal address for his payments was called security sprays and he is located in uk.

Lovely - name shifting, etc....gotta love dishonest jerks for their ingenuity. NOT :mad:
Dang - no change on sending back to that crook ?

getting refund from paypal is not easy 1. make claim in this case item not as advertised 2. give vendor response time; he said my claim had no merit. 3. after 2 weeks paypal asked for third party confirmation that laser was underpowered. 4. at my expense sent to laserglow; very helpfull people for evaluation. 5. before laser came back from laserglow paypal decided third party opinion not needed and just send laser back to UK at my expense again.6. paypal does not cover any extra costs and they will not at this point stipulate a complete refund. hoping for best

S

SenKat

Wow - speaks volumes for his business practices - or lack thereof....
The ONE black mark on my Ebay acct is from a retalitory strike from a vendor not paying attention, and Paypal refunding all my money...it was a $10.00 item - but on principle, I fought it, and won. THEN the SOB wanted a mutual withdrawal of feedback...nope, I'll take the strike, and BRAG about it to ruin that piece of crap. Sorry, I digressed a little....but somebody has to teach these clowns they can't steal and get away with it !