Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Great buy from laserboystuart!

This was actually my first ever buy from the B/S/T section. I had purchased diodes in GB's before however.

I got a 210mW LOC (which is now a 275mW LCC) laser from laserboystuart for just over $100, what a deal!
This is the 18650 host made by Jayrob. The host is awesome, feels really great in your hands and the heatsink seems to be one of the best I've seen. The laser doesn't even seem to warm up!

Stuart sent the package out right away, however just my luck... the volcano in Iceland decide to shoot ash everywhere and halt the airlines. besides that, it came pretty fast, I believe it was a bit over 1 week. I live in Washington and it was coming from the UK.
Stuart included 2 18650 batteries as well as a nice Ultrafire charger.

I'm very satisfied with this buy!

Morgan

Poor little LOC... Barely had time to shine... :cryyy:

Glad you're happy with your new toy though. Stuart is a decent chap.

M
:)

i do miss it dearly :cryyy:

i had to sell it though to get funds the rayfoss 150mW green :evil:

stuart :)

i do miss it dearly :cryyy:

i had to sell it though to get funds the rayfoss 150mW green :evil:

I've had so much trouble with that "rayfoss 150mW green" of course when I got mine it wasn't the Rayfoss version, but the Kaidomain Dealextreme version. It mode hoped, was underpowered, if you didn't press the button hard enough it wouldn't get the full current, therefor modehop, but if you pressed it hard enough it would just turn off entirely.

The Rayfoss version I've heard is great however. Very strange how a laser that looks identical can perform so different, especially if they're both coming from China lol.

You are talking about the Baton style focusable green that takes the 18650 battery and has a key in the back?

nope, mines very good, no signs of mode hopping at all. i haven't got an LPM to test the laser but faona told me its 165mW peak and 145mW stable.

this is mine: www.rayfoss.com

nope, mines very good, no signs of mode hopping at all. i haven't got an LPM to test the laser but faona told me its 165mW peak and 145mW stable.

this is mine: www.rayfoss.com

ooo ok we're thinking about 2 different lasers. You got the waterproof one! I really wanted that one, until I stumbled upon the EliteLaser's Quantum waterproof green. I may just buy it with my next paycheck, or maybe the paycheck after.
quantum004.jpg

quantum001.jpg

It's waterproof up to 30 meters deep!

ooo ok we're thinking about 2 different lasers. You got the waterproof one! I really wanted that one, until I stumbled upon the EliteLaser's Quantum waterproof green. I may just buy it with my next paycheck, or maybe the paycheck after.

It's waterproof up to 30 meters deep!

thats a sweet looking host!