Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Graduated BMT :)

Hi! I've been in basic training for the past 2 months, I finally graduated and am now an airman in the US Air Force, hopefully I get to see some fancy military lasers! Wish me luck :)

Congrats! What AFSC are you going into? Unless you work on certain aircraft in one of few different career fields, probably not. A few of the aircraft I worked on had a laser. Each had a different purpose though. One was a targeting pod, the other was supposed to protect the aircraft from incoming missiles. Other than seeing them installed, I never did anything with them.

PS - It's not a good idea to shine pointers around outside on the base even if it is a base without aircraft.

Last edited:
Congrats! What AFSC are you going into? Unless you work on certain aircraft in one of few different career fields, probably not. A few of the aircraft I worked on had a laser. Each had a different purpose though. One was a targeting pod, the other was supposed to protect the aircraft from incoming missiles. Other than seeing them installed, I never did anything with them.

PS - It's not a good idea to shine pointers around outside on the base even if it is a base without aircraft.

I'm going into precision measurement equipment laboratory. I'll keep that in mind, I sold all my lasers but a 5mW 532nm laserglow pen that's at home anyways.

PMEL. That seems like a cake job. They weren't doing much of anything every time I've gone to drop stuff off or pick it up. I assume EP is the first part of your training. That was easy. I'll send you a PM later.

Pman

Congrats and thank you for your service:)
Wonder how many of us have or are serving....

Congrats and thank you for your service:)
Wonder how many of us have or are serving....

I know at least three that a currently in:

Bloompyle
brendon
myself

There is at least one other that was in. I'm not going to mention his name since I don't know if he has publicly said anything about it here.