Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Got a couple new green lasers

These lasers are usually advertised at a lower output power just so that they are legal with eBay and U.S./UK laws. That laser is approx 100-200mw if it can burn.
Ps:I've had one of those

This one can only burn when it's focused, so I highly doubt it's 100-200mw. It's definitely under 10mw

GSS

This is my last post. The mods are going to nail me! 303 claim to fame is that they say they can burn a match, not burn things. Its hit or miss if they can burn a match, get some matches and some balloons and put a black marker to the matches head and a spot on the balloons. If it lights the match when focused and pointed on the black spot you might have around 60mw if it doesnt light the match but pops a balloon again pointed to the black spot you might have around 40mw. Then guesstimate from there

Last edited:
No, I mean under 10mw. I can see the beam a night and it can burn only when focused, and usually only smokes, doesn't actually make a flame.

it is not under 10mW. its probably over 50mW, and the IR light the laser emits is probably even more. get safety glasses, no matter what. a bunch of people have told you that this laser is not under 5 or 10mW and im telling you out of experience that these lasers output a lot more than that.

this type of laser is extremely common, they sell them everywhere and they are very cheap, crappy lasers, that emit a bunch of IR light that you cant see but will still cause eye damage. these lasers, at absolute best, output 100mW, and there's no way to make it output 1W or light.