Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Going to China

Just thought I would put it out there.
Come mid September or so I will be heading to China to visit an old friend of mine. He lives about halfway between Shanghai and Beijing. I'll be flying into Hong Kong because I have heard good things about it.
As I have become more and more a laser enthusiast I'v been thinking that this 'might' be an opportunity to make direct contact with distributors.
If there is anyone that might have contact information or perhaps suggestions I would be willing to take them. I don't promise going all over china, but if im in an area, why not drop by. I thought wicked lasers, but whats the point...maybe CNI if it's close enough by.

I could think of one reason to visit steve at WL.......

But man, there are so many places to visit...

Hey, will you bring a few chinese factory workers back with you? I could use the slave labor :D

TTerbo

in hong kong go to th mongkok markets (opens like 8:30pm) their is mostly crap their then at the end of one of the streets their is a shop selling ~50 different types of high powered green,405 and red lasers...i got a couple

Mongkok markets...ill take a look into it, thats great info for the start. What kind of prices should I be looking at?...I could only hope cheaper than western prices, and there is always bartering. I wish I had a portable LPM, break that out in front of them and see if the "real" goods come from behind the counter :D

TTerbo

yeah they wanted $200 AUD for it i got it for $80 and th other they wanted $100AUD and i got it for $20.....
i had no intrest in the second one as i had hardly any money but she followed me like 200m just to sell me it $80 cheaper :p

Yup....thats the great thing about the place....those deals are out there for sure, but if anyone has great starting points like TTerbo its appreciated! I just checked out the area a bit and prob will try to get a hotel in that general spot. These huge markets are all over Asia....all I have to do is take a good nap in the afternoon...head out at night...roam around for 6 hours....and do my best not to get pick pocket'd or have acid thrown on me.....(Hong Kong acid attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

TTerbo

i had a ~13 year old kid grab my arm and try steal my backpack epic fail he ran away when i flung him off me......just dont keep money in your back pockets etc and dont use hotel safe....
and in trains take of your bag as you get bumped around alot you wont notice someone in your backpack. we went with a group of people and someone had their camera stolen on the train...

I'v been around the block a couple of times....Mostly just want to get my hotel nearest to the action, which im sure is all over town, but im looking for Laser action :lasergun:
Funny though, when I went to Bangkok...I chose my hotel out of the blue, not even looking at a map, and when I arrived...found that I put myself 4 blocks from the MAIN red light district :whistle: