Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Going to buy a G-Laser

Sky427

Hey I'm new to the forums but for my safety and so I get a decent deal..
I was wondering does the True 5mW on DX create a solid beam at night? if not I'll splurg and buy the 30mW
And I also hear and read on the comments that they have no IR, I wikied IR and read that its dangerous, but I see people on DX using it without glasses, as long as I keep it away from my eyes and my sister I'll be fine right? I dont want to pay 60 dolalrs for glasses.

Btw if the 5mW does make a solid beam is it strong or cheap looking

oh and I have self control :)(I think)

Rhith

The 5mW will create a decent beam at night. I would say go for the True 30mW though. I have both and there is a noticeable difference between the brightness of the two. And the amount of IR leaked shouldn't really be too much of a problem as long and you're not real close to the aperture.

Sky427

lol I was reading around about how somone has a black spot in their vision because it shined into their eye by accident it creeped me out too much I might get a 10 or the 5 to be safe I am really paranoid lol
btw I live in hawaii you think customs would seize it?
Edit: Does anyone know a site where I can get one with an IR filter perhaps?

Rhith

The DX lasers DO have IR filters in the pen style lasers! The quality of them isn't the best though and you can always add one. But the black dot in someone's vision would be from the green light since it's focused. Where as the IR has a very high divergence rate so it wouldn't cause that. I've had reflections of lasers of a few mW up to 115mW hit me in the eye and I'm still good. (But don't try it at home!) You really shouldn't worry about it, we like getting people paranoid so they're really careful though. ;D

Sky427

Rhith said:
The DX lasers DO have IR filters in the pen style lasers! The quality of them isn't the best though and you can always add one. But the black dot in someone's vision would be from the green light since it's focused. Where as the IR has a very high divergence rate so it wouldn't cause that. I've had reflections of lasers of a few mW up to 115mW hit me in the eye and I'm still good. (But don't try it at home!) You really shouldn't worry about it, we like getting people paranoid so they're really careful though. ;D
You guys do a good job at it too lol...
[highlight]THANK YOU[/highlight]

the differrance between true 5 and true 10 is not really noticable but the true 10 has more of a chnace of damadging your eyes, i would go with the true 5 you wont really be able to tell a differnce between them anyway, they wont burn anything so that wont matter either.

...lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

Kenom

and at 5mw it's not illegal to import so customs won't snag it!

Rhith

Yeah the difference between 5 and 10mW won't be too noticeable but between 5 and 30 you can really tell! Then again I got a True 5mW that peaked at 15.3mW! ;D ;D

Rhith

Well it isn't good no matter the power if ti gets reflected into your eye. Just be careful and try not to worry too much. ;)