Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

glow tile  works onlui with blu ray? not gree

youtube.com/watch?v=8N8Td1dfkIo

I saw this...and my qiuestion is...does it work also with other laser or only with blu one?
Would work with a low green alser...let's say 55mw?
And if not why?
thanks a lot

Switch

Re: glow tile  works onlui with blu ray? not gree

It won't work with a green laser.Because of how phosforescence works , the wavelength emitted from the glow is higher than the wavelength of the light that charges it, so if the tile is green or blue , a green laser is unable to charge it.Maybe a red tile would get charger from a green laser though, but green stuff is the brightest, because green is the brightest color. :p

yeah......what Switch said! ::) ;D

Ted

I can confirm that a green laser has no effect on glow tiles, whereas my 50mw blu ray, which normally has quite a dim spot, makes them light up so brightly it is almost painful to look.

OTOH, both my greens and my blu ray make my ruby cufflinks light up.

diachi

Most blue lasers, including argon lasers, can make glow tiles glow.

-Adam

Kage

Re: glow tile  works onlui with blu ray? not

I think that in general, as long as the laser is a shorter wavelength than the photo-luminescent color you are trying to excite, it should work.

That is why Bluray tends to make ALL visible luminescent and phosphorescent colors glow, because it is right at the upper frequency of visibility itself. ;)