Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Glasses/Goggles?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22482
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22482

Hello.

I wanted to start out with lasers, like a hobby and I have bought a 200mW red laser, 50mW true green one and a 20mW Purple/violet from Dealextreme.

Since it is not allowed here in Sweden to use these in the public, I am going to use these at home and my backyard, and I will need a pair of glasses.

Is there any good glasses that can block out lasers?

I will eventually buy more lasers and get higher mW for everytime so I will need a pair of glasses..

I am really afraid of hitting my own eye, my friend who had bought a Arctic Spyder S3 took off that protective lens that decreases power by 80% and started to shine at glass, and it hit his eye.. I was with him at that moment and that was just.. awful.. he said he couldn't see and so it was for like 2 days with that right eye, and it soon started to recover but there is still a black spot there, so yeah, I really want a pair of glasses!

Those will work for your 405 and 532nm lasers, but your red will need a different pair of goggles.

I own the ones that I linked to earlier and they block out my 445very good, but since they are cheap - they probably aren't all the same

Last edited:
Those 600-700nm goggles are probably worthless as some members have already tested them and they failed.