Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

glass sphere pics pt.4

These pics were taken back in December, and are a continuation of the shots I tried to get last time I posted with the large glass sphere, slinky, mirrors, and diffraction gratings. I was trying to tweak a few things I thought of after the last time I photographed that set up, mainly different placement of some mirrors, gratings, and adding in a reflective fan diffraction grating too. I still have one more set to post of the glass sphere, and gratings, but without the slinky. There are some real nice pics from that session as well, and they will get posted eventually.

The last few pics here are of a beam splitter I got from Surplus Shed (actually bought two of them for 10 dollars a piece). A few of those pics were posted in somebodies thread a while ago.(I forgot which one).
Enjoy.

Last edited:

Hey USAbro,
the beams going into the mirrors are 2-HL460 100 mw, 2-HL520 (50mw and 100mw), a 638nm 120mw Laserbtb pen, and a Sci Fi 650 200mw. The other lasers used in the first batch were a Dragonlasers 589nm 50mw, 473nm 100mw IsaacT build, and also used was a Laserbtb LFP445 at the 250mw setting.

For the beam splitter pics I used a Dragonlasers 589 50mw, Dragonlasers 532nm Hulk 100mw, SciFi 650 200mw, and a HL460 100mw.

gismo

Much have I missed, indeed. During the time of my absence, the laser beam wizardry has been perfected, when I thought it can't be done. But there seem to be no limits in your personal art gallery when it comes to practical use and breathtaking depiction of lasers in a safe, fun and admirable way, the least to write.

Stunning multimedia, Bruce, so that is:beer:

Last edited: