Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Glass Cube pics

I recently purchased a 4" solid glass cube with the intention of incorporating it into all of the other optics I use with lasers. I also used my large glass sphere, fan diffraction gratings, and a few mirrors. I spent a good amount of time photographing it with up to three 405nms and a uranium glass small sphere. I really like how 405nm beams when penetrating glass turn that nice color of green. I also took a sequence of 589 / 593.5 shot and already posted them on the 589 sticky thread, Enjoy.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Beautiful as always. Bruce!

I agree with you about the lovely green color that's produced by the 405nm when it passes through the glass. To me, it looks almost like a lime green.

:kewlpics:

Last edited:
I recently purchased a 4" solid glass cube with the intention of incorporating it into all of the other optics I use with lasers. I also used my large glass sphere, fan diffraction gratings, and a few mirrors. I spent a good amount of time photographing it with up to three 405nms and a uranium glass small sphere. I really like how 405nm beams when penetrating glass turn that nice color of green. I also took a sequence of 589 / 593.5 shot and already posted them on the 589 sticky thread, Enjoy.

[/QUOte
I had nerdgasum when I saw these. Nice!!!!
Surprised you don't get job at planetarium setting the up for display.
Hats off for your work

gozert

Great pics as always! I have a question though. What exactly makes the 405nm turn green in those cubes?

Davidx

Wow Bruce. Beautiful artwork. I keep one of your photos on my phone to show friends just what can be done with lasers. Always blows minds.
Thanks

Just a couple minutes invested there ;) Mind blown!!! You do cool setups and then take awesome pictures.

Thank you BowtieGuy, Trussmonkey, Davidx and Rainbow Sword

Gozert -Thanks, I really do not know why 405 beams will turn green when penetrating glass. I know the 405 beams turn almost a 473nm color when going thru water. I think there was a thread about 405 beams and water. I am have to find out why. When and if I do I will post my findings.

Laser Chick - Thanks, yes a good amount of time is invested in setting everything up. But my wife has wanted to sell our house and buy another. Here main selling point to me was you can have an area to set up a permanent studio. We have sold our house and purchased one and I will have a small room in the basement for a studio. When our painters come in to paint our house, they will be told to paint the walls and ceiling in that room black! The best part for me is I will not have to break down all of my equipment after photographing. It also means I can go into that room anytime to photograph or just mess around with my lasers (which I never do), not just on Fridays when everything is set up. This will be happening in about in a month and I am psyched!

Encap

Some really nice ones --- always a treat---laser eye candy!

I really would want some large HD prints of a few for the office.

I hope Yellow Corner gives you the thumbs up and shows 5 of your best!!

Hey Laser Chick - Thanks, I will indeed have a laser cave. It is a bit smaller than what I do now in my garage, but to leave everything in place when I am done will save me hours of set up and breakdown time .It is worth having a little less room for that luxury. As of now all of my laser stuff, except for my lasers, are packed away so my laser photography will be on hold until hopefully the first week in August. I still have so many laser photo sessions I have never posted, so a few of them will get posted in July, mainly the cube ones with a projector, and projector and hand helds.

Encap - On the submission form from Yellow Corner it says if you haven't heard back from them in a month, the submission was rejected. It has not been a week yet so we shall see. If there are any shots of mine you want to get made, just PM me which one(s) and I can send you the files and you can get them made into any size you require. They are big files, usually around 20mb per photo and are 6000x4000 pixels. But it would be nice if Yellow Corner did accept, display, and sell a few of them.

You should post a sign on your Laser Cave door....
Woe to you, oh mosquito and fly
For the lasers send the beams with wrath
Because they know your time is short
Let the pest who hath understanding reckon the number of the beam
For it is a human number
Its number is 2450mW :D

APEX1

Now I want a laser cave... This place is going to be the reason I wind up homeless. I bet I keep my lasers with me though :drool:

I'm thinking there is a good chance you are the best laser photogropher in the world

WOW! BEST PICTURES!
I just built a 405nm 900mW and cannot justify the perfection of your shots!!! great job as always! you seem to set the benchmark!!

what brand/company/ebay seller do you get yo difraction grating?

Last edited: