Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Generic battery-powered green 5mW from Meritline

A friend suggested that they may have send me the 50mw version by accident.

The light is a little dim today, so i took another picture with my webcam.

laser-webcam.jpg

It's also slightly dusty here.

Its more likely that its just overspec like usual. Its far from uncommon that they end up higher output than they are marked. I have a 532nm from amazon that's labeled as a 5mw and it meters at 64mW and I paid $7 for it. I believe it would be more expensive to get a very low output diode and a crystal pairing that works efficiently and then tuning it to 5mW than just looking for a really inefficient example of a diode and a crystal and just underpowering it a little. They can get rid of an otherwise dud laser as one that's marked as a lower power so when you get it you obviously won't complain since its higher than its marked and not insanely lower.

Well, with LG, I would expect it to actually be as specified. Part of the reason why one would spend money for it instead of a no name cheapie. Contact LG, they can probably track it down.

I'm not complaining or anything, i'm rather fascinated with my "little" laser. I love seeing this beautiful green beam. <3 But i remember seeing topics in which people asked for pictures so i thought to myself "i shall provide".

Well, have a great Christmas everyone! :D

Reactions: ARG
Forgive the cynicism, but I don't think "it arrived and it works" counts as a review.

Forgive the cynicism, but I don't think "it arrived and it works" counts as a review.

AFAIK, he never said he was going to make a full on review. However a few posts back he stated that he was going to upload a few pictures. He uploaded one and as far as pictures go it pretty much shows as much as one could hope to gather from a picture short of disassembly pictures. It turns on and produces a green beam lol. What more could you ask(rhetorical question)?

Pman

Only own 1 laser that has been less than 5mw and that is an old radio shack unit 650nm I use with the cats.
The rest of mine range from 35 to 121mw in various colors. The strongest 532 is 84mw that was 5 bucks but I do have one that is 107mw with a label on it that says <100mw (just can't remember where I got it and how much I paid as it was before I had an LPM). The 121mw is a 650nm and the strongest 405nm is 75mw both 5 bucks.

Last edited:
As was said above, You probably just got an overspec laser. But, for what it is, Who's complaining?